Neil Warnock

3 hours ago, historyman said:

Someone who polarises opinion but 8 promotions is some record, Cardiff were heading for relegation when he took them over last year.  Taking them up this season is a fantastic achievement. 

The guns missed a massive opportunity when they went for Gerrard.  If offered it Warnock would’ve been a superb choice.

great manager who gets his teams to win, and his players would all run through brick walls for him.

14 hours ago, skygod said:

I wonder whether they will replace him now. 

He’s done his job of getting them promoted. I don’t think he has a great record managing in the Premiership, 

I think they will can him either right now or about half a dozen games into next season. 

All these club owners see premier league survival as the be all and end all.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:33 PM, skygod said:

I wonder whether they will replace him now. 

He’s done his job of getting them promoted. I don’t think he has a great record managing in the Premiership, 

I know it sounds crazy given the monumental effort he’s put in to getting Cardiff promoted, but it did cross my mind that he himself might weigh up his options. As well as having no great track record in the PL he’s never really looked at home there. He’s always given the impression he’s far more comfortable with the rather more earthy delights outside the bloated top league. He might still fancy one more crack at the PL though. Or PL wages/pay off.

However if he can, in all likelihood, see what’s inevitably coming by mid September/October, and is looking instead for yet another club to get by the scruff off the neck and turn them around, then Sunderland could do worse. In fact, they frequently have. 

15 minutes ago, Stefanus said:

However if he can, in all likelihood, see what’s inevitably coming by mid September/October, and is looking instead for yet another club to get by the scruff off the neck and turn them around, then Sunderland could do worse. In fact, they frequently have. 

I think at 69, Cardiff will be his last job, he surprised a few even taking the Cardiff job in the first place