Red Bull Rangers

Sorry to start another thread about them but wondered people’s opinions on this type of thing. 

Talking to some Sevco fans at work and they think Red Bull are preparing to invest heavily in Rangers. Some big announcement tomorrow. I’m not clued up but do they not like there title ahead of anything they invest ins name. RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig the obvious examples but also the other sports as well.

Will this be a popular move? Would you be happy for Killie to do it?

I like the idea of big sponsors but felt we were going too far giving QTS all the orange a few years ago. Actually changing the name of the club would be a no go for me. 

To our European experts how did Salzburg and Leipzig fans react? Am I correct in saying Leipzig aren’t popular in the rest of German football because of the relationship with Red Bull

49 minutes ago, piffer said:

Sorry to start another thread about them but wondered people’s opinions on this type of thing. 

Talking to some Sevco fans at work and they think Red Bull are preparing to invest heavily in Rangers. Some big announcement tomorrow. I’m not clued up but do they not like there title ahead of anything they invest ins name. RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig the obvious examples but also the other sports as well.

Will this be a popular move? Would you be happy for Killie to do it?

I like the idea of big sponsors but felt we were going too far giving QTS all the orange a few years ago. Actually changing the name of the club would be a no go for me. 

To our European experts how did Salzburg and Leipzig fans react? Am I correct in saying Leipzig aren’t popular in the rest of German football because of the relationship with Red Bull

Weren't clyde wanting to do similar a few years back, and were told no by the league, because that sort of thing isn't allowed?

See Ferranti Thistle for details.

12 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

that's cause most killie fans I know hate rangers more than they love killie. 

I must admit although your are trolling I ask myself sometimes if that is the case for me, but I think I would put it like this.

If Killie are playing I would only ever be interested in our game/ our score and feck the rest.

But in the quiet periods between our match days and when there is nothing immediately at stake for us, my loathing of THEM does tend to bubble to the surface...

14 hours ago, piffer said:

Talking to some Sevco fans at work and they think Red Bull are preparing to invest heavily in Rangers.

Buying into a club massively laden with debt does not seem like their business model.

13 hours ago, CB said:

Weren't clyde wanting to do similar a few years back, and were told no by the league, because that sort of thing isn't allowed?

See Ferranti Thistle (Livingstone) for details.

This seems more like their approach. Buy out Livingstone and pump money in. The support will eventually follow.

Still the possible returns from Scottish Football just don't make it attractive.

12 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Makes sense. If I was red bull, rangers would be the most attractive investment in European football. Most killie fans won't like that though, but that's cause most killie fans I know hate rangers more than they love killie. 

On what basis would they be the most attractive investment in European football? They play in a league with very little interest outside its own borders and significant investment would be required for them to even think about qualifying for the champions league. I would be surprised if this ever happened as Red Bull didn't become a very successful multinational organisation by believing convicted liars like Dave King. 

With regard to Killie, I would be totally in agreement with them selling the naming rights to the stadium for example. Anything we can do to raise funds should be considered. 

Looks like there is no RB deal on the horizon. Fans being pumped for more cash yet again: 

"Dave King has revealed Rangers will launch a share issue which could bring in £6 million in fresh revenue.

The Ibrox chairman also revealed that no fresh external investment is on the horizon and the club are currently not in talks with any new investors."

(Record) 

10 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

"Dave King has revealed Rangers will launch a share issue which could bring in £6 million in fresh revenue.

The Ibrox chairman also revealed that no fresh external investment is on the horizon and the club are currently not in talks with any new investors."

It is normal, in such circumstances as a share issue to announce who will be underwriting the offer. In other words who will buy all the unpurchased shares at the end of the offer. So who will underwrite this offer?

I have no idea where Stevie G thinks his budget will come from.

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

It is normal, in such circumstances as a share issue to announce who will be underwriting the offer. In other words who will buy all the unpurchased shares at the end of the offer. So who will underwrite this offer?

I have no idea where Stevie G thinks his budget will come from.

I think Dave King is still struggling to underwrite his last offer. 

Announce a big name as Manager, sell more season tickets .....spread rumours of big investors and supposed interest to sign star players....then days later announce yet another share issue and appeal to gullible fans to hand over YET more cash.....and forget past problems and poor season..

....fly back home to South Africa ....job done 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:50 PM, Brianstorm said:

Makes sense. If I was red bull, rangers would be the most attractive investment in European football. Most killie fans won't like that though, but that's cause most killie fans I know hate rangers more than they love killie. 

The SNP need to increase the price of booze again.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:06 AM, chubbs said:

Why would changing the name be a problem for the fans??

They've been Rangers, Sevco, and The Rangers already plus the SPL called them Club 12 for a few weeks ... and that's only in the last 6 years!!!

Club 12 ended up being Dundee though