Celtic away

Steve Clarke says there's no worries over the commitment of his players for the final two matches of the season.

Killie head to Celtic Park to face Brendan Rodgers' champions on the hunt for our first points since the Premiership split.

A late David Bates goal saw the men from Ayrshire go down at Ibrox but there's no reason to panic for the Killie boss.

And with fifth place already secured, Clarke says there will be no let up from his side, who will be without Alan Power, Jordan Jones and Kirk Broadfoot through injury. 

"The post-split games are good for us, a good chance to test ourselves against teams above us and this is another chance," he said.

"We go to the home of the champions and try to put on a good performance.

"I am pleased with the attitude and effort of the players in the three different games.

"The results are not important. We got the results we had to get.

"The important results came for us in February and March and the beginning of April when we won all those matches which secure fifth position for us.

"That's when we did our job.

"Anybody who has watched the team in the three games since the split will know that we have approached every game 100 per cent committed, no question of that."

Since taking charge, Clarke has seen the team record a draw against Celtic in Glasgow as well as memorable 1-0 victory at Rugby Park in February. 

He said: "We do well against most teams we play against. Maybe right at the beginning there were one or two games where I was disappointed with the team but since then they have never disappointed me.

"It is always a big challenge when you go to Celtic Park, a big challenge when you play the champions but we go there with confidence to try to give a good account of ourselves and try to get some more points on the board."

SOD extremely doubtful too.....

Edited by C4mmy31

4 hours ago, historyman said:

I don't remember Killie ever having a manager who talked as much common sense in his interviews.

If we are without Power, Jones, Broadfoot and SOD it will be a tough one. Hopefully the guys coming in will see it as a chance to show what they can do.

Agree. Killie go it.