New Directors ?

Scouser2

2 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

100k again surely. That was the buy in for Mann, Smith and Moran was it not? 

Yes, but they were stabilising the ship floundering under captain Johnston. Would Mrs. McLeish get a free pass as the wife of a major sponsor ?  We still don't have anyone with a football background on the board and football is our business.

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Yes, but they were stabilising the ship floundering under captain Johnston. Would Mrs. McLeish get a free pass as the wife of a major sponsor ?  We still don't have anyone with a football background on the board and football is our business.

I can't think of anyone with a football background on any board at present? Any examples? 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Would Mrs. McLeish get a free pass as the wife of a major sponsor ? 

Would not like to think so, why charge the Trust to have a fan on board and if the rumours are true from selling their business they are not shy of a bod or two. Treat everyone fairly and keep the peace.

I would expect the board to think of SSC as their Football head, a football board has to be made up of business people, otherwise you can have serious consequence when things are not going well. Ian Maxwell could very well be parting ways via Thistles relegation, and an absolute 50% dump of a stadium, but at least he brought the mascot through.

Nah, IMO leave the football side to the manager, SLO and us lot!!

9 minutes ago, Gallus said:

I'd quite like Mrs McLeish being on the board, especially as her husband has just sold QTS for £80 million!!

If true I’d be interested to know how much she is investing to join the board. Given the family have just pocketed £80m I would hope it would be a lot more than the standard £100k for a directors seat. 

Or could it be she’s joining with the intent of increasing her investment next year by purchasing the fat lawyer’s shareholding next year??

I suspect that £80m will see Mr QTS not run out of sashes in a long time! Even if he buys into his first love (only a matter of time) its still nice of him to let wifey loose with £100k to sit on his gym buddies Bowie's board, although I did hear it was a lot more than that. Happy to take their cash of course if they want to invest, but I can't help but feel there is going to be collateral damage along the way and I hope it is not our dreams and aspirations. At the first sign of a Killie-Gers scarf I'm starting a riot!

7 minutes ago, boaby said:

I suspect that £80m will see Mr QTS not run out of sashes in a long time! Even if he buys into his first love (only a matter of time) its still nice of him to let wifey loose with £100k to sit on his gym buddies Bowie's board, although I did hear it was a lot more than that. Happy to take their cash of course if they want to invest, but I can't help but feel there is going to be collateral damage along the way and I hope it is not our dreams and aspirations. At the first sign of a Killie-Gers scarf I'm starting a riot!

Gym buddies ?  Must have pretty solid treadmills at that gym. 9_9

4 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Gym buddies ?  Must have pretty solid treadmills at that gym. 9_9

Aye yer not kiddin. I once saw them refer to themselves on social media as the Ayrshire elite, ironically while patting themselves on the back for spending a night in a tent for charity. A tent with crates of champagne and Liam Gallagher to sing them a few tunes. Okay then I'm just jealous! :P

14 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Dave McKinnon did it for us many years ago. He later worked for Dundee an Hamilton

Spoke to him at a dinner recently. We interviewed him and then opted for Kirstin Callaghan instead due to her vast football knowledge and wildly successful stint at her last place. Oh wait.........

The press release announcing her appointment was the first he knew he didn't get the job. I thought we were better than that.

Didn’t Dave McKinnon tie the club into a long term brewery deal for the sports bar that cost us big time? 

Dont believd in going backwards, hopefully BB can persuade some bigger players to take over the reigns that QTS put in place. 

Without QTS and Bowie we would be a basket case, I thank  them both and look forward to seeing “who’s next”

The Trust can't really comment any more than we have in terms of our candidate for the new directorship, otherwise we would have already. It's a matter of good business practice and protocol...and we've waited this long so a few more days or weeks won't have any real affect, as long as its not much longer than that of course, I can't see why it would be. We've heard all the same rumours as everyone else about an additional director being appointed to the board but none of it has been official and we have not heard it from anyone in a position to know for sure so until we hear different then we have to treat it as speculation as well.

From a personal perspective (this is not a quote from the Trust nor representative of their views) I would welcome any financial investment into the club so if we are to get someone else on board then all well and good, provided their name is not Massone! The more directors we have the better, the more diversity we have on the board the better, the more points of view and experience we have on board the better. Billy Bowie deserves credit for his involvement and what we've achieved since he's been here but we should not underplay the importance of what John Kiltie and latterly Bill White have had to offer. We suffered for years under the one-man-band scenario and at the very least we should have learned that football is a team game and that is just as important off the park as it is on it.

As the Steve Clarke himself says...together we are stronger.

21 minutes ago, skyhigh said:

Has McLeish not sold QTS to pay Phylis her share in a separation or are they back together again?  Be interesting if she joins the board with £40 million in her back pocket.

Surely not did they not get married only a few years ago? Remember MJ was on an arse licking mission at the wedding