New Directors ?

Scouser2

1 hour ago, skyhigh said:

Has McLeish not sold QTS to pay Phylis her share in a separation or are they back together again?  Be interesting if she joins the board with £40 million in her back pocket.

Back together as far as I know .The directors I heard mentioned were her and Cathy Jamieson .Others are showing an interest including an award winning baker.

On 9 May 2018 at 2:15 PM, killie billies pal said:

I would expect the board to think of SSC as their Football head, a football board has to be made up of business people, otherwise you can have serious consequence when things are not going well. Ian Maxwell could very well be parting ways via Thistles relegation, and an absolute 50% dump of a stadium, but at least he brought the mascot through.

Nah, IMO leave the football side to the manager, SLO and us lot!!

We'll call that plan B...

.....Plan A, leave football side to manager.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, Pelesboots said:

Dave McKinnon did it for us many years ago.

I don't think MacKinnon was ever a director.

His title was General Manager.

Ian Welsh, on the other hand,  had a footballing background and was Chief Executive with seat on the board.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

I don't think MacKinnon was ever a director.

His title was General Manager.

Ian Welsh, on the other hand, had a footballing background and was Chief Executive with seat on the board.

You are correct.  I based it on the fact he had a footballing background -  I misread it and ploughed on ahead regardless.

What a road we've been on the past year or so, pretty much to the day when MJ announced he was stepping down. 

The difference a 'just' a few hundred grand can make in this league is huge. I know we're not going to all of a sudden be Killie St German but if Mrs McL fancies throwing a bit of her new slush fund in, that would be great, thanks. 

1 hour ago, fmcc said:

What a road we've been on the past year or so, pretty much to the day when MJ announced he was stepping down. 

The difference a 'just' a few hundred grand can make in this league is huge. I know we're not going to all of a sudden be Killie St German but if Mrs McL fancies throwing a bit of her new slush fund in, that would be great, thanks. 

Maybe we could step up to the plate with TiK as well........

I would welcome PM or anyone else with money, business acumen and the good of the club at heart. What’s important though is a fans’ representative ASAP - someone who knows how  the fans feel and can speak up to try and stop some of the daft decisions that get made (some of them may be trivial but nevertheless it’s a barometer of how in touch with the support the board is). From gaffs like encouraging fans to buy season tickets but not to come to some games so we can sell their seats for more money - to bigger picture thinking like league reconstruction.

That is the public confirmation of one more addition to the board , will be interesting to see how soon other addition(s) are confirmed and how these changes assist going forward .......

also wonder how likes of the directors who quit while back due to issues with MJ etc......now see the changes that have happened in past 12 months 

Good appointment on the face of it, I reserve the right to judge when we see what she contributes. If we get another contract with the hotel that sees us paying full price for everything rushed through then we'll know why. Horrible rumour doing the rounds yesterday that she's already talked about changing the voting structure in the board room away from one person one vote to being based on shareholding. If that happens then there is no point in the likes of White or Kiltie even being there. Even more so if I was the trust in Killie folk I would be seeking guarantees that this is not the case before parting with a dime.

3 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Good appointment on the face of it, I reserve the right to judge when we see what she contributes. If we get another contract with the hotel that sees us paying full price for everything rushed through then we'll know why. Horrible rumour doing the rounds yesterday that she's already talked about changing the voting structure in the board room away from one person one vote to being based on shareholding. If that happens then there is no point in the likes of White or Kiltie even being there. Even more so if I was the trust in Killie folk I would be seeking guarantees that this is not the case before parting with a dime.

The voting structure must NOT be based on shareholding,  we will be back to the MJ rules all days.  This is also the road to ruin for a hell o a lot of clubs whose owners were interested in the land.  Not that I think this is the case, but I’d imagine BB would be wary of this as well.

48 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

.....changing the voting structure in the board room away from one person one vote to being based on shareholding.

That would be very unusual.

Shareholding is usually only relevant in matters which are put to all shareholders, eg at an AGM or EGM.

The voting structure could only be changed by a vote by the shareholders which, of course, would involve MJ and his major stake!  

I can't see why Mrs McLeish would advocate this anyway as her shareholding will be nowhere near the size of BB's.

Edited by skygod