Football Writers’ Manager of the Year

skygod

5 hours ago, CBFC said:

Brown sits in front of the Celtic back 4, takes a pass, gives a pass and does F all with it. Hardly ever creates anything. Remember against us a RP he must have ran along that Halfway line a hundred times getting the ball from their back 4 and giving it back to them. Stevie Smith could have done that even being injured! 

Kris Boyd has impacted more than any other player this year for me. 

Brown's obviously added to his game then?

7 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

History man I get where you are coming from but, boydie had undoubtedly had the biggest impact on any clubs season this year.  For that reason he had been the player of the year for me.

Boyd has been great and his goals had a huge impact there's no doubt about that but I think Power, Taylor, O'Donnell, Jones and Broadfoot have been better  for us this season.

I'd also like the prize for being the idiot who dismissed more of our star players than anyone else. By early October I had written off Boyd, Power and  Broadfoot. They barely put a foot wrong between them for the rest of the season. 

On 5/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

If you think that's all Brown does then you know f**k all about football. 

He's a tosser but he's a very good footballer. 

Thank you for your response M. I know I am in the minority, if not alone, in thinking that Scott Brown does not deserve POTY this season. However, I thought that giving an opinion on football was what a forum is all about? I don't think I have ever been abusive to anybody who does not have the same opinion as me as football creates talking points. I just happen to think that Kris Boyd is/was more deserving of POTY in Scotland. I also happen to think that John McGinn has had a better season than Brown and creates more for Hibs than Brown does for Celtic. Whilst Brown can break up the play or dictate the pace as another poster has said, I still feel he has probably (just my opinion remember) the easiest role in Scottish football. He plays in a very good team and sits in front of the back three/four and has very good players in front of him.

Having watched him against Killie, he did not create anything as far as I can remember and whilst some may argue that is not his job, I still believe that there were players more deserving of the award. 

I do understand that may not be a popular opinion or even a correct opinion as far as the majority is concerned. However just because I don't conform doesn't make me wrong.

Maybe I don't know anything about football, (even by being indirectly involved for 50+ years) but, like everyone else, I am entitled to an opinion. Just like your opinion that I know nothing about football.

Enjoy the summer break and let's all look forward to a fantastic season 2018/19.

Well done Steve Clarke. He's done a wonderful job and to get the nod ahead of some stiff competition is great.

1) Brendan is a game away from a double-treble. 

2) Lennon took a promoted side into a challenge for second. Played some great stuff too.

3) McInnes has steadied Aberdeen and got second, despite the rest putting up a fight for it.

4) Jack Ross - superb when you consider the state of Saints when he took over.

A bit strange that David Hopkin hasn't had more press. His team could very well be playing us next season.

2 minutes ago, warwickboy said:

Well done Steve Clarke. He's done a wonderful job and to get the nod ahead of some stiff competition is great.

2) Lennon took a promoted side into a challenge for second. Played some great stuff too.

3) McInnes has steadied Aberdeen and got second, despite the rest putting up a fight for it.

A bit strange that David Hopkin hasn't had more press. His team could very well be playing us next season.

Hopkins is a target for the new managers job at Carlisle.

34 minutes ago, skygod said:

Good to hear Chris Sutton talking up how exciting the Scottish Premiership is on BBC 5Live and how hard it will be for Gerrard up against Rodgers, Lennon and Clarke.

That was good. Say what you like about Sutton, he is a master WUM after all - but he does genuinely have an interest in our game and defends it, as he showed tonight. 

He does get carried away, and can be quite a character, but most of what he says is on the button. 

Edited by warwickboy

1 hour ago, warwickboy said:

I think Hopkin has done fantastically well at Livingston. Taking them to second place surpassed everyone's expectations. 

I don't think they will have enough to get past Thistle over two games though. 

2 hours ago, historyman said:

I think Hopkin has done fantastically well at Livingston. Taking them to second place surpassed everyone's expectations. 

I don't think they will have enough to get past Thistle over two games though. 

Well you never know. Thistle have been gash this year. 

We can safely say that Archibald never threatened to give S Clarke a run-in for the award.

On 5/13/2018 at 5:23 PM, historyman said:

Boyd has been great and his goals had a huge impact there's no doubt about that but I think Power, Taylor, O'Donnell, Jones and Broadfoot have been better  for us this season.

I'd also like the prize for being the idiot who dismissed more of our star players than anyone else. By early October I had written off Boyd, Power and  Broadfoot. They barely put a foot wrong between them for the rest of the season. 

Mate you’re not the only one. I fess up. They got dug’s abuse off me. How wrong.