Paper Roses....

Mclean07

Well let's be honest us Killie fans like a good moan and as we can't really moan about our team too much this year let's moan about our paper roses were many of  those complaining actually at the cup final against Falkirk and Hampden against Celtic?? Brilliant  atmospheres and all of us singing our hearts out!!!!

5 hours ago, Richaway said:

Time to ditch paper roses as it’s too depressing. Thank feck it’s been binned from the end of games when we’ve won as all it does is dampen the spirits as everyone leaves the stadium.

caldows spot on its a boring dirge

My favourite song,don’t be so crabbit.

Mental that folk are suggesting binning "Paper Roses".

Why stop there? We could change our name to East Ayrshire FC. Maybe change the stripes up, go for a nice red and black combination? While we're at it, we'll change the stadium name to the Super Squirrel Thunderdome...

13 minutes ago, killieblues said:

I can't believe Killie fans are actually discussing the removal of our song!

Agreed!

Paper Roses will always be our song. The scenes in 2012 when we won the cup and sang it would bring tears to the eye... I was a wee bit too young to remember 1997 that well, but I'm sure again it was sung then.

It's our song and is no more "depressing" than Sunshine on Leith for Hibs or any more warped than Love is in the Air for United.

11 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Agreed!

Paper Roses will always be our song. The scenes in 2012 when we won the cup and sang it would bring tears to the eye... I was a wee bit too young to remember 1997 that well, but I'm sure again it was sung then.

It's our song and is no more "depressing" than Sunshine on Leith for Hibs or any more warped than Love is in the Air for United.

Sunshine in Leith is a much, much more rousing anthem than Paper Roses and I like PR on big occasions.

Watch that.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHkQYDoVJ0

8 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Sunshine on Leith is the best football anthem in the business. If there was no Killie, I would maybe support Hibs just for that reason. 

Steady....I agree with the first part though kinda. It's one of the best. The Hearts Song is f**king brilliant too.

What is it with the songs the spoon burners have got?!

Could never support that lot though - never!

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cos he's a nonce and it was the worst day of my Killie supporting life.

Either that or losing at Somerset as cup holders.

Not great with sarcasm are you?

as it turns out Rolf it does matter if your 5-0 down!!!