Chris Burke

Ktid1869

Would have 35 year old Burke over Dom Thomas any day of the week. Kris Boyd is nearly 35 would you get rid of him cause he only lasts about an hour. Burke has final product and on a 1 year reduced contract would be a decent player to have coaching our wide players. Like Broadfoot and Greer have done with Findlay. And Boyd with Brophy etc. Jones could learn a lot about running into space from Burke. 

I really like him as a player, in terms of ability among the best at the club.He'll be 35 next season, he's been unlucky with injuries and he'll be making decent money. If the deal was right for the club and he was taking a reduced wage then I'd be happy to see him stay another year but I'd be surprised.

Has definitely helped the team when he’s come on in games but I’d let him go. Difference between 35 year olds Boyd and Burke is Burke needs pace and skill to do his job properly. Injured every second week aswell. He’s certainly a clever player but I’d free up the budget to try secure jones longer. 

4 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

We don't have anybody else that can take corners like Burke can, we don't have anybody that can cross like he can. If he doesn't have any ongoing injury issues I would give him another year. 

We could let him go and use the cash to sign a younger player who would probably add more to the team than just dead ball deliveries. If he’s on the bench he can’t take a corner. 

9 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Has definitely helped the team when he’s come on in games but I’d let him go. Difference between 35 year olds Boyd and Burke is Burke needs pace and skill to do his job properly. Injured every second week aswell. He’s certainly a clever player but I’d free up the budget to try secure jones longer. 

Pat Nevin never had pace, and he did just fine with us playing in a similar position. Pace isn't everything when you know how to read a game, beat a player and deliver a final ball. Burke (and Nevin before him) has those qualities. 

If Chris Burke had been playing regularly and contributing, even as an impact substitute, there could be some case for resigning him.

The fact is that he has played 50 minutes first team football since the winter shutdown. The last time he started a match (and lasted an hour) was at Easter Road on 30 December.

I'm surprised that people think that merits a new contract.

But we'll see soon enough what Steve Clarke thinks.

Edited by skygod

On 5/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, Ktid1869 said:

I'm not sure what his current contract situation is but I'm hearing people say he'll be gone after today. 

I thought he showed when he came on today that he is still a decent player and could be a useful player to bring on in a game. I'll always remember him for that goal at ibrox.

Good point ----- his goal at iPox was my fav moment of the season 

3 hours ago, jesper said:

Pat Nevin never had pace, and he did just fine with us playing in a similar position. Pace isn't everything when you know how to read a game, beat a player and deliver a final ball. Burke (and Nevin before him) has those qualities. 

Burke is hardly comparable to Pat Nevin surely? 

4 hours ago, jesper said:

He was a much better player than Chris Burke.