Ian Wilson

Thought he was the best player on the park in the 1st half. Always on the move, looking for the ball and making good use of it, continually covering for O'Donnell when he was up the park.

Second half would hardly have known he was on the pitch.

The inconsistencies of youth but a great prospect.

He's been eased back sensibly from injury. As has Kiltie. Performances of others has given us the luxury of being able to get both those guys to the end of the season fit and ready for a full preseason. Expect both to be big players for us next season.

Wilson is developing well and a little unlucky to have had the limited game time he’s had this year. Big hopes for him and should feature more next season. I worry a bit for kiltie. Sincerely hope I’m wrong but it reminds of Paul dijiacomo post injury. Hope I’m wrong as would be a massive lost talent to injury if he doesn’t recapture form.

3 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Wilson is developing well and a little unlucky to have had the limited game time he’s had this year. Big hopes for him and should feature more next season. I worry a bit for kiltie. Sincerely hope I’m wrong but it reminds of Paul dijiacomo post injury. Hope I’m wrong as would be a massive lost talent to injury if he doesn’t recapture form.

I said the same about Kiltie a few weeks ago, non-existent today again. Hopefully gets a decent pre-season in and start afresh next season. But feel exactly the same. 

4 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I'd agree. Upcoming season potentially massive for both of them in slightly different ways. Kiltie needs to find that extra something that made him stand out before if he's to push on with his career. Fingers crossed!

Thot it was really interesting how he deployed young Ian(Iain?) today, played in that central position of the midfield three, instead of just trusting Mulumbu to sit there. He linked the centre halves and two full backs and into midfield perfectly for a spell in the game and always happy to play the simple ball to keep us in possession. Looks like he really understands the position. Big hopes for him

38 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

I’m clearly blind.  I thought he was f**kin pish. . 

Some mouthy gobs**te sittin' behind me seemed to detest the idea we would pass the ball backwards at all today. Would not f**king shut up about it. You and him would have a lot to talk about, I reckon.

I felt he done well. Only criticism was perhaps the marshalling of his own men. There were a couple of times in the first half where everyone got a bit tight in the midfield. With Dicker in there he’s vocal enough that this rarely happens. This kind of thing will come to Wilson’s game with matches and responsibilities 

To be honest, I have to agree to some extent with Brian as I thought he had a poor first half, looked to be caught on the back foot a few times wanting too much time. Wouldn’t go as far as to say he was pish. But he came on to a good game and certainly would look for him to be in contention for starting next season. He’s had a difficult time and good luck to him, he will certainly learn from Dicker and Power and hopefully Mulumbu.

Edited by Mcilroy56
Additional comment

I thought he was excellent. He just slots into any position that one of our players vacate keeping our shape. O donnell decided to cross the park and over lap on the left, Wilson just stepped back and covered in at right back until SOD was done and came back to his position, same with centre halves, just drops in then steps back up when  they come back to relieve him. Its not every midfielder we have that has such discipline.

Cracking big player who I hope we see a lot more of next season,knows his job & is mature beyond his years. Will have learned a lot this season from being around the midfielders currently at the club & along with wee Greg will get more experience at the Toulon tournament in a few weeks.

Wilson has for some time looked a great prospect and hopefully will now keep clear of injuries and continue to improve his game under the current Management set up ---- slight issue will be having likes of Dicker and Power also competing for the "Defensive" midfield slots --if that is where SC sees as the players best position.

I hope you're better at shouting insults to our own players than you are at communicating your point on here, otherwise they'll have no idea how poor a game they're having.

12 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

introduce me to someone who’s not you ya f**king doughnut. 

This doesn't even make sense.

Its great how everybody has different opinions.(which is what it should be) I suppose its how we interpenetrate how  the game should be played.

But I thought Wilson had a good game yesterday.Also what we dont know is what was the managers instructions as to how he wanted him to play.