Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

Anyone got any thoughts on who might be on the managers radar via connections with previous clubs/colleagues?

For me Tshbola hasn't been as good as I hoped for so far, but strikes me as the type of player who needs more match time and to improve his effort while he gets on. He has already expressed that he wants to stay here next season so could be a big part player if for example we were unable to hold onto Mulumbu which being realistic will be a difficult job. 

What I would really love is another fast and direct winger on the right, allowing us to be solid through the middle and at the back and exploiting teams from both sides! 

Any thoughts?

I think we will see a rebuilt back four. Possibly at least two or three CBs coming in with Boyd and Greer departing. I’d expect Findlay to sign full time. Midfield could be another rebuild. If Dicker and Mulumbu see their futures elsewhere or if they’ve bought into the long term plan here. 

Id like to see more pace added to the team. For me we are lacking pace in the spine of the team and if Jones is missing that outball is gone. That’s something I hadn’t really appreciated until after the winter break. 

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think we will see a rebuilt back four. Possibly at least two or three CBs coming in with Boyd and Greer departing. I’d expect Findlay to sign full time. Midfield could be another rebuild. If Dicker and Mulumbu see their futures elsewhere or if they’ve bought into the long term plan here. 

Id like to see more pace added to the team. For me we are lacking pace in the spine of the team and if Jones is missing that outball is gone. That’s something I hadn’t really appreciated until after the winter break. 

ITs a shame Ajer is doing so well at Celtic I'd have loved to get him in on full term basis, I think Taylor and SOD have come on leaps and bounds and are both being mentored into wing backs, they can both get up the park quickly. I don't see Dicker leaving, I think he's been too inconsistent this season and has been in the shadow of Power and Mulumbu to attract interest. 

But I agree we need to prioritise keeping Jones and hopefully finding a similar young player for the other flank!

4 minutes ago, TheeOhSee said:

I don't see Dicker leaving, I think he's been too inconsistent this season and has been in the shadow of Power and Mulumbu to attract interest. 

But I agree we need to prioritise keeping Jones and hopefully finding a similar young player for the other flank!

It’s easy enough to say Dicker won’t leave on football grounds but when he’s been separated from his family for years, at Carlisle then Killie, it’s another matter. 

I’m sure he could get the same money from a Crawley or Pompey and live at home. Alternatively, Clarke might cut him some slack on training days.

On Jones, I’d offer him a contract extension and, if he declines, sell him. We would get nothing if he left in 2019 and the money raised could be put to good use now. 

I think Jones will go for over £1m in the summer and the funds will help SSC reinvest in the squad - possibly even allow us to retain Mulumbu.

S Boyd and Greer will go so expect a couple of central defenders to come in.

I think Tshibiola will sign on a season loan and Rory will sign a new deal.  

With a bigger budget and the appeal of playing for SSC we can expect an increase in the level of player that will come in.  Don't expect wholesale changes but a few quality additions.

17 minutes ago, skygod said:

On Jones, I’d offer him a contract extension and, if he declines, sell him.

Agreed. Can definitely get at the very least £1m for him this summer. If even half of that could be reinvested into the squad then it would make things very interesting... We should be looking to secure all of our young assets before their stock get's any higher.

22 minutes ago, skygod said:

It’s easy enough to say Dicker won’t leave on football grounds but when he’s been separated from his family for years, at Carlisle then Killie, it’s another matter. 

I’m sure he could get the same money from a Crawley or Pompey and live at home. Alternatively, Clarke might cut him some slack on training days.

On Jones, I’d offer him a contract extension and, if he declines, sell him. We would get nothing if he left in 2019 and the money raised could be put to good use now. 

Spot on. If Dicker is ready to go "home" I wouldn't stand in his way, and would thank him for what's he's done for the club during a pretty rocky period. He's 31, so probably got one maybe two "good" contracts in him at a decent level down South, and I'd happily back SC to find a good player to come in to fill that role next year.

It's rare to have such optimism going in to a transfer period. Normally there are fears over replacing key players, or clear outs, and that's not to mention that the calibre of coaching, scouting and talent acquisition has proven hit and miss (and miss and miss) more often than not. But this year, even the guys we might lose (Dicker, Jones, Rory etc) don't cause fear like before because there's total confidence in the guy at the helm to replace them, and it seems like he's being supported by a board that's gotten sick of sitting on their heels and taking "safe" bets and is willing to back their man. 

I'm excited to see the team Clarke and Dyer build.

I think there me be quite a bit of interest in our players in the summer. The price of success. And the business we do will obviously be a consequence of who we sell. I can’t see a realistic scenarios where jj will be here. I’d love it as it really is hard to envisage a like for like replacement who would be at killie on a permanent contract. I think he will be sold for 1 to 1.2 million and likely replaced by a English prem loanee. Mulumbu may complete the move to Bordeaux, if not.he’ll head south. Brophy, Taylor and sod are klikely to attract admiring glances from the top of the Scottish premiership and English championship. I’m sure sc will use his English network to make some selected additions based on the gaps that ultimately need to be filled. In terms of Scottish based players that we could consider, Andrew Davis at Ross county and Ali Crawford come to mind. As I’ve posted before, I still think Naismith could be here next season ( with or without grass). I know many of you will be thinking bigger and you maybe right but think realistically balancing with some of the better spl players at the lower end of the league with couple of marqueee signings may be way it goes. I hope I’m wrong and Gareth bale is displaying his talents at rp next season,

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I think you are right. If he was he would be part of the squad. I don't think he has a strong work ethic. 

Based on what?

Whenever I see County he’s the only one that runs the channels, hassle and generally creates in final third.