Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

16 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Hope Thomas, Higgins and Waters stay next season they try chance with start first team 

hope Scott  boyd stay next season 

Not so sure craigieboy. We signed up a core of the team for next season. There needs to be room for some incoming signings to move us forward. I’m sure sc has got 2 or 3 targets identified. Consequently, there will need to move some players on. Hawkshaw has gone. I’d expect to see others go to. Obviously their contract position will influence.  I don’t think any of those mentioned are turning heads at their loan clubs. Thomas clearly has talent but if his attitude was right he should be tearing up that division. Frizzel is another one for me that may not make the cut for the next phase of the revolution.

If the likes of Greer, Smith and Burke go that should free up space in the squad and wages. I would be surprised if Scott Boyd was still here next year. Hawkshaw already going, Frizzell May follow. Tshibola likely to be away unless another loan deal can be done. I think Thomas will get pre season to prove a change in attitude. If he doesn’t he’ll be punted. Higgins I think will get a chance. Waters will probably go. Dev McKay another who may leave along with the other two goalies whose deals finish at the end of the season.

Without losing any key players that frees up a lot of room in the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Not so sure craigieboy. We signed up a core of the team for next season. There needs to be room for some incoming signings to move us forward. I’m sure sc has got 2 or 3 targets identified. Consequently, there will need to move some players on. Hawkshaw has gone. I’d expect to see others go to.

I'm sure we will sign a few but we still need back up for every position.

There's going to be few or no players from the U20s capable of stepping up and I expect the likes of Smith, Greer, Spencer, Samizadeh, Burke and maybe Scott Boyd to leave.

So we will need squad players and the likes of Thomas, Higgins and Waters have the advantage of already being under contract and part of the group. It depends on how and where SC wants to spend his budget really.

14 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Not so sure craigieboy. We signed up a core of the team for next season. There needs to be room for some incoming signings to move us forward. I’m sure sc has got 2 or 3 targets identified. Consequently, there will need to move some players on. Hawkshaw has gone. I’d expect to see others go to. Obviously their contract position will influence.  I don’t think any of those mentioned are turning heads at their loan clubs. Thomas clearly has talent but if his attitude was right he should be tearing up that division. Frizzel is another one for me that may not make the cut for the next phase of the revolution.

Higgins, Waters, Thomas and Frizzell are under contract until 2019 anyway. So if the intention is to get rid we'd either need to pay them off or get someone to loan them for a season at a decent wage contribution to see their deal out.

I would definitely keep ginger Boyd. We need options at the back for injuries or suspensions.

He's 32 and seems content being a bit-part player. Difficult to find someone with that SPL experience and quality that is content to play 10 games a year.

21 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I would definitely keep ginger Boyd. We need options at the back for injuries or suspensions.

He's 32 and seems content being a bit-part player. Difficult to find someone with that SPL experience and quality that is content to play 10 games a year.

Hard to argue with this unless younger guys ready for step up into squad. Ginger Boyd would be a blocker under that situation. Haven seen the under 21s, doesn’t look the case unless Wilson ( who I like) is viewed as cb. So agree worth another season. I do think sc will bring in a top class cb as priority. Broadfoot and Findlay are serving us well right now but as a next step, a basong or caulker type signing ( it won’t be caulker) maybe next piece of the jigsaw.

35 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'd let him go. If Findlay signs and we have Broadfoot/Findlay and Higgins as a backup then we should be looking to sign someone who is potentially going to be better than Broadfoot rather than someone who is happy to sit on the bench. Broadfoot is 33 and as great as he's been he's probably going to deteriorate toward the end of his deal.

Remember you also have Iain Wilson or Gary Dicker who is a very good centre half if absolutely required.

Edited by Fletch

5 minutes ago, killie_billy said:

I've just seen on the BBC site that Arjen Robben is out of contract in the summer. He'd be an decent addition for a season or 2 if JJ leaves.

Him and SSC are connected through their time at Chelsea

Cost too much and couldn’t play on plastic pitch due to knee problems. Well out of reach

1 hour ago, killie_billy said:

I've just seen on the BBC site that Arjen Robben is out of contract in the summer. He'd be an decent addition for a season or 2 if JJ leaves.

A decent addition xDxD

5 hours ago, killie_billy said:

Too similar to Rashford