Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

7 hours ago, Killie alan said:

We dont want Kennedy back he burned his bridges when he went to the toffees. Should have stayed .

The club accepted an offer for him and he took the opportunity to try further his career and earn a handsome wage to boot. You can hardly blame a young boy for having ambition. In hindsight you could argue it was too soon but look at Kiltie and you can see what can happen if you stay.

9 hours ago, piffer said:

What I heard then was we had made initial contact with Kennedy and Muirhead.

Hopefully that is not the case.   I would not wish us to sign either of them, especially Muirhead who I have never rated. 

Hopefully we can get Findlay signed up as he has been very good since the winter break. 

25 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

The club accepted an offer for him and he took the opportunity to try further his career and earn a handsome wage to boot. You can hardly blame a young boy for having ambition. In hindsight you could argue it was too soon but look at Kiltie and you can see what can happen if you stay.

Not a valid comparison. Kiltie has missed the best part of two seasons because of injury, in fact it remains to be seen if he can make a full recovery and fulfil his potential. The signs are certainly there but it's a lot to come back from. I certainly hope he makes it as he was by far our best young prospect since Naismith.

Boyd and Naismith would be better comparisons - they stayed a little longer, got more first team experience and moved on the bigger things. I dont see Kennedy knocking on the door of the Scotland squad any time soon. Taylor could be the next to follow this route, he has developed so much this season.

Edited by historyman

46 minutes ago, historyman said:

Not a valid comparison. Kiltie has missed the best part of two seasons because of injury, in fact it remains to be seen if he can make a full recovery and fulfil his potential. The signs are certainly there but it's a lot to come back from. I certainly hope he makes it as he was by far our best young prospect since Naismith.

Boyd and Naismith would be better comparisons - they stayed a little longer, got more first team experience and moved on the bigger things. I dont see Kennedy knocking on the door of the Scotland squad any time soon. Taylor could be the next to follow this route, he has developed so much this season.

Kiltie’s injury is exactly my point. Had Kennedy stayed and suffered a serious injury like Greg then he could be currently be part time struggling in the lower leagues of Scottish football instead of making a decent wage in the lower level of English football. As I said hindsight is a wonderful thing but I would never condemn a young boy for reaching for the stars.

I said at the time it was the clubs own fault, they clearly knew he was a special talent but chose to leave him on a pittance for as long as they thought they could get away with it.

Thankfully the club is now more forward thinking and have renewed contracts in line with players importance like Taylor, despite being young he is a key player and has rightly been rewarded as such.

Regarding players leaving 

Out of Contract (offski) Smith,Greer,Fasan,Spencer,Samizadeh 

Chris Burke out of contract may be given reduced deal for a year?

Keranovic,Simpson, Findlay, Tshibola all loan ending.

Killie have offered Findlay a deal, his current deal at Newcastle expires June 30th on higher wages. No contract extension offered. Rumour is he is on about 5k a week as their under 23 captain. I think it makes sense for him to sign here and develop. Only 22.

Read yesterday that Killie have spoken about taking Tish back next year. He is willing but if the club provide accommodation for him. Instead of hotel room. 

Mulumbu our of contract looking for a bumper pay day. Likely to go to Championship England or ligue1 France.

Jones. Offered terms for extension hopefully? May look to cash in as we enter his final year. I’d look to extend asap. 

New deals 

Kiltie, Dicker,Power,Taylor, Boyd,Boyd, Macdonald, Brophy,McKenzie 

would like to see us reward Sod with a improved deal. He has been outstanding. Still has 2 years remaining. Same as Broadfoot. 

Erwin coming on to real good form yesterday. Will have a year remaining. 

Returning Players 

Daniel Higgins, Dom Thomas, Calum Waters, Adam Frizzell, Dean Hawkshaw(being released) Curtis Lyle

Higgins may be worth another 6 month loan. Waters isn’t fancied much by looks of it. Thomas needs a drastic change of attitude to threaten the current squad. Frizzell good little player I rate him but stagnating a bit with us and not starting at Livingston. Another 6 months loan maybe ? Hawkshaw will be leaving. 

Dont know about Devlin McKay I see he is fit again. Whether he will be number 2 next year or if he has a contract. 

Will Graham, Innes Cameron, Mouanda & Paterson look like the best of the 20’s. Expect a big clear out from 20s squad this week. Shame Graham hasn’t featured much. Cameron seems to have a good physique for a 17 year old and finished 3rd top scorer in under 20’s despite finishing 2nd bottom.

Contracted

GK - Macdonald, McKay?, Lyle

Def- Sod,Broadfoot ,Boyd ,Higgins ,Taylor, Waters  (possibly Findlay)

Mid- Dicker, Power, Wilson, McKenzie, Kiltie, Frizzell, Jones, Thomas, Paterson, Mouanda (possibly Tish)

Forw- Boyd,Brophy,Erwin,Cameron,Graham 

I reckon we need a

1. Back up keeper 

2. Back up right & left back

3. Two centre half’s (1 being Findlay)

4. A winger

5. A ball playing centre midfielder

6. A number 10. 

7. Another striker for competing. 

Robbie Muirhead is a genuine Killie fan but other than being able to hit a ball very hard with his left foot I am not sure what else he brings as a player.

Doesn't like the argy bargy and as a tall guy is very poor in the air. So I would not be rushing to bring him back.

Kennedy is a difficult one to judge. He left as a very young prospect who had had a few goes in the first team and looked like he had potential. He's been various places since and not shone. But he must still be young-ish?

I like Muirhead. My worry is that what he would bring to the party Brophy and Erwin already offer. He’s nothing different to the strikers already here and not a long term replacement to Boyd. I’d be looking to add something very different in that area

I like the idea of another wide player so we can mix things up a bit. I’ve made my feelings on Burke known on that thread. Thomas hasn’t cut it and we really lack when JJ isn’t playing. Again it’s hard to tell if Kennedy would be the answer. 

3 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Killie have offered Findlay a deal, his current deal at Newcastle expires June 30th on higher wages. No contract extension offered. Rumour is he is on about 5k a week as their under 23 captain. I think it makes sense for him to sign here and develop. Only 22.

Read yesterday that Killie have spoken about taking Tish back next year. He is willing but if the club provide accommodation for him. Instead of hotel room. 

Mulumbu our of contract looking for a bumper pay day. Likely to go to Championship England or ligue1 France.

Jones. Offered terms for extension hopefully? May look to cash in as we enter his final year. I’d look to extend asap. 

New deals 

would like to see us reward Sod with a improved deal. He has been outstanding. Still has 2 years remaining. Same as Broadfoot. 

Returning Players 

Daniel Higgins, Dom Thomas, Calum Waters, Adam Frizzell, Dean Hawkshaw(being released) Curtis Lyle

Higgins may be worth another 6 month loan. Waters isn’t fancied much by looks of it. Thomas needs a drastic change of attitude to threaten the current squad. Frizzell good little player I rate him but stagnating a bit with us and not starting at Livingston. Another 6 months loan maybe ? Hawkshaw will be leaving. 

Dont know about Devlin McKay I see he is fit again. Whether he will be number 2 next year or if he has a contract. 

Will Graham, Innes Cameron, Mouanda & Paterson look like the best of the 20’s. Expect a big clear out from 20s squad this week. Shame Graham hasn’t featured much. Cameron seems to have a good physique for a 17 year old and finished 3rd top scorer in under 20’s despite finishing 2nd bottom.

Contracted

Mid- Dicker, Power, Wilson, McKenzie, Kiltie, Frizzell, Jones, Thomas, Paterson, Mouanda (possibly Tish)

I reckon we need a

1. Back up keeper 

4. A winger

6. A number 10. 

Keeper (not sure possible)

Right full back & left ful back (back up) might possible Simpson permanet deal 

centre back (O'Ware and Findlay: permanet deal)

midfielder to Slater and Kelly 

winger: Kennedy

Striker: Agard and Muirhead

not possible to no 10 of new signings? 

New deals 

Returning Players 

Contracted

I reckon we need a

1. Back up keeper 

4. A winger

6. A number 10. 

Mouanda has been released I think.

New deals 

Returning Players 

Contracted

I reckon we need a

1. Back up keeper 

4. A winger

6. A number 10. 

If Mackay is over his injury issues then we could probably get away without a new keeper. Only problem with that is he basically has no first team experience. Then have Lyle for third choice.

What would you go for in terms of full back cover? Someone like a Lee Hodson who can do a job on either side or sign an individual for each position. If Findlay were to sign on again he’d offer some cover at LB.

The midfielder is the most important for me. We are losing some decent quality in there and it’s important we replace it. We've struggled with midfield for a few years until now. We never seemed to be able to find the right grouping. 

Interesting you say a number 10, winger and a striker. For me that would leave us a bit top heavy. We’ve played most games under SSC with a variation of a front three. Usually Boyd as the focal point of the attack with any of JJ, Brophy, Erwin, Kiltie or McKenzie making up the other two places. That’s already five bodies for two places before you take into account the likes of Cameron, Thomas, Frizzell who would probably be looking for one of those roles although I think the latter two will depart soon. 

I think we will bring in a number 2 goalie. 

I’d sign a left back and a right back. Hodson would be wanting to much money to be a back up. Waters I don’t think will cut it and be chopped. 

Midfield with power and Dicker is solid. Losing Jones is our biggest problem if he does move on. I think a player such as Greg Tansey from Aberdeen possibly or a player who can spray some passes about. Quicken and dictate play. A right winger on the assumption JJ is staying would give us something different even though it may remove the space available for Sod to roam into. Number ten is a key position. Kiltie is struggling to get involved and I hope he returns to his former promise after a pre season, But I think a player 25+ to play behind the strikers again so we can mix it up. Erwin and Brophy have had purple patches and Boyd has been incredible. I’d sign a player who gives us something different. Maybe a bit of pace with good movement. Would love an Ohallaron type but I realise that wouldn’t be likely. 

Few decent players out there. I feel with Clarke though most of our signings will come from down south. 

Edited by Souleycouley93

16 hours ago, Killie alan said:

We dont want Kennedy back he burned his bridges when he went to the toffees. Should have stayed .

Did you say the same about Boyd ? Eremenko?  or would you help build a bridge if Coulibaly became available again?

Yes he was probably ill-advised to leave when he did but would you turn down a Premiership move - I certainly wouldn't.

7 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

Did you say the same about Boyd ? Eremenko?  or would you help build a bridge if Coulibaly became available again?

Yes he was probably ill-advised to leave when he did but would you turn down a Premiership move - I certainly wouldn't.

How did Eremenko burn his bridges? As far as I’m aware his loan deal expired and we couldn’t afford a permanent move. Even at that the player hinted if we could come up with a deal he would sign for us for less than others as his family liked Living here. When the player was a free agent he returned and played under a coaching staff who seemed intent on pissing him off at every opportunity and constantly played the game over his head. 

Football is football. I don’t think Kennedy left badly. He had an opportunity to go to a huge club and I’d rather he did that than move up the 77. Naismith was the worst the way he handled the whole affair but the majority of fans would take him back. 

Edited by piffer

9 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I reckon we need a

1. Back up keeper 

4. A winger

6. A number 10. 

Just the nine players? 

I reckon that sometimes, you need to review what you've typed before you post. That way you get to realise it's a pile of pish before we have to. 

2 hours ago, piffer said:

How did Eremenko burn his bridges? As far as I’m aware his loan deal expired and we couldn’t afford a permanent move. Even at that the player hinted if we could come up with a deal he would sign for us for less than others as his family liked Living here. When the player was a free agent he returned and played under a coaching staff who seemed intent on pissing him off at every opportunity and constantly played the game over his head. 

Football is football. I don’t think Kennedy left badly. He had an opportunity to go to a huge club and I’d rather he did that than move up the 77. Naismith was the worst the way he handled the whole affair but the majority of fans would take him back. 

What did Naismith do? My recollection is that he signed a new contract very soon before Rangers showed official interest, which meant we capitalised on that to maximise the transfer fee they had to pay. 

Is there something I'm missing?