Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

What's the name of the young A*R boy who strolled right through our midfield at Somerset ? He can play a bit.

Declan McDaid, to answer my own question after a Google search.

Edited by jasper
fact-finding

5 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Strange comparison to make. Barton couldn't lace Fletcher's boots

Hardly.

Barton came up here stating he was going to be the best midfielder in the SPL.

You seem to think Darren Fletcher will stroll it up here.

There is no guarantee it will happen.

14 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

1. Lighten up. This is a fitba forum, not fecking Newsnight. 

2. The bit I was quoting was entirely your opinion, no facts. Those two are different things, and you perhaps need to grow up and accept that just as you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to say it's a pile of pish. 

3. Whilst my reply was light hearted, you don't need a full article each time you post. You have your blog for that. It makes threads murder to read - again, a fitba forum, not Newsnight. 

4. Lighten up. 

5. There is no number 5.

13 hours ago, Merk said:

I don’t think he does as he absolutely nailed it. You may believe what you have posted is fact, that doesn’t mean it is.

Me? I couldn’t really say as I stopped reading the majority of your posts some time ago as basically I cannae be arsed reading a 6th year essay every time I see your name.

Remember, as I’ve said before, sometimes less is more.

11 hours ago, Merk said:

Which to be fair would be bang on also!

Couldn't stop thinking of this reading the post, classic sarcasmaholics meeting sketch................

28 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Hardly.

Barton could have stated all he wanted, it didn't make it so. He was known for his off the field antics rather than his ability on it.

Plus Fletcher isn't coming up giving it the big one. A balding 20-something year old from Rothesay is doing it for him

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Hardly.

Barton speaks sh*te and is a wee wa*k though.

Fletcher wouldn’t chat nonsense about how good he’d be. His record is exemplary and he’d be the best Scottish player in the entire league if he signed for a Scottish team. 

12 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

wonder how many pages/ replies the annual summer transfer speculation thread will reach this year ---even with far fewer deals expected 

You've got to have something to do over the summer - even if the World Cup is on.  

Not sure if Nigeria have qualified but perhaps we could sign a couple of their players. 

3 hours ago, jasper said:

What's the name of the young A*R boy who strolled right through our midfield at Somerset ? He can play a bit.

Declan McDaid, to answer my own question after a Google search.

Was it not Robbie Crawford?  If you mean the boy who went on the mazy then it was Crawford.

4 hours ago, DuncD said:

Barton speaks sh*te and is a wee wa*k though.

Fletcher wouldn’t chat nonsense about how good he’d be. His record is exemplary and he’d be the best Scottish player in the entire league if he signed for a Scottish team. 

I think given his age and experience so far, not to mention his potential, Kieran Tierney can claim that title.

3 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Phil Neville seemed to manage it quite well...

Aye that’s why after Mam U he played in Everton’s first team for about six years.  Barton has played at a much lower level and wasn’t anywhere near Neville’s level either.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Aye that’s why after Mam U he played in Everton’s first team for about six years.  Barton has played at a much lower level and wasn’t anywhere near Neville’s level either.

Or he was guff and Man U punted him to gullible Everton like they did with that muppet Darren Gibson. 

1 hour ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Not Killie related, but why has no one tried to buy Kieran Tierney?

Still very young and looks to be very happy where he is as he has just signed a long term deal. He is a fan playing and winning trophies for his team - isn't that what most youngsters dream about?
There will be offers for him in the future, if they allowed the same person to win young player and player of the year I'm sure he would have won both.
Best young player to emerge in Scotland for a very long time.

7 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Liverpool could lose the services of 18-year-old striker Rhian Brewster.

The England Under-18 international’s current deal expires in the summer and he could leave Anfield

The word is he will follow Gerrard to Rangers Craigie. 

37 minutes ago, historyman said:

Still very young and looks to be very happy where he is as he has just signed a long term deal. He is a fan playing and winning trophies for his team - isn't that what most youngsters dream about?
There will be offers for him in the future, if they allowed the same person to win young player and player of the year I'm sure he would have won both.
Best young player to emerge in Scotland for a very long time.

Andy Robertson is better.

We won't know just how good Tierney is until he moves clubs. In Champions League he's looked very ordinary and slow, but that's to be expected against some of the top class opposition he's up against after playing against average at best players in the run up to games.

For Scotland, again he's not offered much but that's down to being played at right back to accommodate Robertson on the left. I'd like to see him in a three man defence with Soutter and McKenna and us sticking with them (don't rate Jack Hendry at all).

If Tierney moves it can't be to Bournemouth or suchlike. It has to be a top English side with a top manager. I hate Man City, but would love to see him move there and learn from Pep in a style of football that would suit him.

Currently Robertson is the best young player in a long time based on his achievements so far and the league/club he's playing in. Really hope he becomes a Champions League winner too.