Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

48 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I like Erskine, but I like all Thistle’s midfield players tbh - even that big so and so Osman. They all offer something IMO. But they contributed to their team going out the top tier so would need to know the attitude was going to be right.

Just read a great thread from a thistle fan going through player ratings and saying who he would keep. Barely any fall into the keep bracket. Don't think many could improve a Premiership team. The keeper is their best player. 

I didn't see any Thistle player that would be better than anybody we have on our books over the two legs. Doolan used to be a big threat anytime we played them but appears to have gone downhill at a rate of knots. This wasn't Hamilton playing superbly at Easter Road under Neil, this was Livi outfighting and outrunning  a completely clueless Thistle team with no goal threat in two games almost totally devoid of skilful play.

Only Thistle players I would take would be:

Doolan - I don't think Boyd will have another full season in him;

Booth - smashing left back and if Taylor were to leave he would be a decent replacement; and

Spittal - he's young and drives from midfield which I think we lack.

Plenty footballers at Livi impressed me however. Hopkins knows how to organise a side and they love to defend. I'd say their players suit our style more than Thistles.

8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Only Thistle players I would take

I’d have Spittal as well, young with plenty to improve but great from set plays and offers something different. 

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Only Thistle players I would take would be:

Doolan - I don't think Boyd will have another full season in him;

Booth - smashing left back and if Taylor were to leave he would be a decent replacement; and

Plenty footballers at Livi impressed me however. Hopkins knows how to organise a side and they love to defend. I'd say their players suit our style more than Thistles.

Agree with 2 of them but Booth is horrendous. Doesn't get forward and can't defend. Jerome Tesselar v2.0.

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

Agree with 2 of them but Booth is horrendous. Doesn't get forward and can't defend. Jerome Tesselar v2.0.

Oh right. I haven't seen enough of him to judge him defensively to be honest. He just is someone that impressed me when he played against us.

30 minutes ago, carpetfitter said:

Spittal is shoite 

Relegated with Dundee Utd season 2015-16, playoff failure 2016-17, now relegated again with Thistle.....the new "Billy McKay" if you like, a Championship player at best, i'd avoid him like the plague.

Regarding Doolan, in a better team (like ourselves) his record suggests he'd stick the ball in the back of the net, born in Irvine too.

According to Wikipedia,

Leigh Griffiths, the Scottish Premiership's all-time top goalscorer

Scotland international Leigh Griffiths is the top goalscorer in the Scottish Premiership era with 73 goals, all for Celtic, followed by Aberdeen's Adam Rooney with 66. Kris Doolan and Kris Boyd are the only other players to reach 50 goals since the establishment of the Scottish Premiership.

21 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Sit in the stand & watch a team that fights till the final whistle. 

Will be a good player in the Championship but not any better than we have at present.

He has scored double figures for Thistle in three of their five Premiership seasons. I'd say that makes him a decent Premiership striker.