Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

Taken from the Dundee P&B thread.......

Killie don't get a cut of it because it's training compensation rather than a transfer fee. The amount owed is calculated by Fifa based on development years with us rather than anything we've agreed with any other club.

Should be about £26k to us for half a season (it's calculated to the age of 21 for training compensation) but we may have foregone that for a bigger sell on down the line. Killie would get a cut if someone did buy him further down the line but that's capped at 5% (and we'd get 20% of that 5).

Taken from the Dundee P&B thread.......

Killie don't get a cut of it because it's training compensation rather than a transfer fee. The amount owed is calculated by Fifa based on development years with us rather than anything we've agreed with any other club.

Should be about £26k to us for half a season (it's calculated to the age of 21 for training compensation) but we may have foregone that for a bigger sell on down the line. Killie would get a cut if someone did buy him further down the line but that's capped at 5% (and we'd get 20% of that 5).

I believe this to be incorrect.

We would have been due training compensation when O’Hara moved to Dundee but seem to have waived this in return for a large percentage of any sell-on fee. 

Steve Evans is quoted as saying it has cost his chairman a few quid so I assume the fee is fairly substantial. 

We would have been due training compensation when O’Hara moved to Dundee but seem to have waived this in return for a large percentage of any sell-on fee. 

Steve Evans is quoted as saying it has cost his chairman a few quid so I assume the fee is fairly substantial. 

Can they do that at our expense?

Thistle having a clearout. A couple of players I’d have jumped at a few years ago. Now I’m not so sure.

Abdul Osman, Callum Booth, Daniel Devine, Mustapha Dumbuya, Ross Fleming, Gary Fraser, Connor Higgins, Mark Lamont, Steven Lawless, Paul McGinn, Neil McLaughlin, Kevin Nisbet, Ryan Scully, and Martin Woods have not been offered new deals.

Thistle have cut their cloth accordingly and have also announced that Miles Storey, Niall Keown and Adam Barton have been transfer-listed.

I remember good few years ago we were after Abdul Osman and he knocked us back.  

He failed his medical.

"ABDUL OSMAN was last night sweating on his move to Kilmarnock after failing his medical.

The Rugby Park side had agreed a two-year deal with the ex-Gretna midfielder but are concerned about an old back injury.

Killie boss Jim Jefferies said: 'Our medical people think the injury could return and if it does he would need an operation.

'For that reason he failed the medical which is sad because we were looking forward to signing Abdul.

'We'll speak to his agent but the deal is in doubt.' "

(Daily Record, 10 June 2008)

Possibly use the wages of Burke and smith to sign a player like o Halloran. Someone with pace. Sometimes think pace is underestimated in the Scottish game. Jones is a prime example. On another level look at Liverpool full of pace and very entertaining to watch. 

Don’t know why this comment was red carded. Agree completely. Burke has had a couple of lovely cameos but never worth another contract. Just what I was thinking we need some more genuine pace to complement our organisational strengths.

Thanks, have know idea why this post was given a red card. Maybe the mention of o Halloran. Although his name was purely an example or someone similar. Think my red card should be recisnded. 

Think you shouldn't worry about fake internet points.

Thistle having a clearout. A couple of players I’d have jumped at a few years ago. Now I’m not so sure.

Abdul Osman, Callum Booth, Daniel Devine, Mustapha Dumbuya, Ross Fleming, Gary Fraser, Connor Higgins, Mark Lamont, Steven Lawless, Paul McGinn, Neil McLaughlin, Kevin Nisbet, Ryan Scully, and Martin Woods have not been offered new deals.

Thistle have cut their cloth accordingly and have also announced that Miles Storey, Niall Keown and Adam Barton have been transfer-listed.

Dumbaya played a couple of excellent games against Killie but I think he missed most of last season with injury, Fraser went down south earlier in his career and looked to have a bright future and Nisbet was supposed to be the next big thing. It's amazing how quickly things can change. There are a few decent players in the there that should find championship clubs easily enough, I'm surprised at some of them being released. Could be a tough year for thistle next season 

Is it not the case that we had to agree deal which included a high percentage of any sell on clause being inserted into the deal because Lee Clark mucked up releasing O'Hara, meaning we lost the right to a development fee?

Edited by Pelesboots

I didn’t think O'Hara was released. Was he not one of the ones made available for transfer. If that was the case Dundee would have had to come to us with an offer which included the development fee or something in its place like a sell on clause. 

Dumbaya played a couple of excellent games against Killie but I think he missed most of last season with injury, Fraser went down south earlier in his career and looked to have a bright future and Nisbet was supposed to be the next big thing. It's amazing how quickly things can change. There are a few decent players in the there that should find championship clubs easily enough, I'm surprised at some of them being released. Could be a tough year for thistle next season 

I was really impressed by Dumbaya any time I watched him. I am a big fan of Adam Barton, such an elegant footballer, but one I am now thinking is great in a team doing well and maybe not so great in a struggling team. I am surprised Steven Lawless has been released as he puts in a power of work in midfield.