Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

3 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Another talent we get nothing for.  Muirhead went for nothing but had big sell on %. Ohara i believe was 30% if Dundee sold him. Suprised they're not trying to keep him. 

Would Ohara have got in the team this season? Would we want to sign him this summer? No and no for me. Tendency is if s9meone has a couple of decent games after they leave us they take on star status. IMO He’s decent but no more influential than a mckenzie and no more potential ( less for me) than Wilson. Progressive clubs need to make calls on these guys that have had opportunity to stake a first team place and after a few seasons and haven’t nailed it. We can’t keep them all on the payroll just in case they discover some form. I think Ohara needed the fresh start and I’m not sure we would have got the same return out of him that Dundee did. Frizz is in that bucket for me now. Good luck to all that have given their best in blue and white.

4 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Another talent we get nothing for.  Muirhead went for nothing but had big sell on %. Ohara i believe was 30% if Dundee sold him. Suprised they're not trying to keep him. 

You only get 30% if somebody is willing to pay for him.

He's out of contract. I doubt he'll ever demand any sort of fee for his full career.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You only get 30% if somebody is willing to pay for him.

He's out of contract. I doubt he'll ever demand any sort of fee for his full career.

Just a shame is all, always felt he was a player, getting shifted about poistions whilst at us didn't help.

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Would Ohara have got in the team this season? Would we want to sign him this summer? No and no for me. Tendency is if s9meone has a couple of decent games after they leave us they take on star status. IMO He’s decent but no more influential than a mckenzie and no more potential ( less for me) than Wilson. Progressive clubs need to make calls on these guys that have had opportunity to stake a first team place and after a few seasons and haven’t nailed it. We can’t keep them all on the payroll just in case they discover some form. I think Ohara needed the fresh start and I’m not sure we would have got the same return out of him that Dundee did. Frizz is in that bucket for me now. Good luck to all that have given their best in blue and white.

On paper he strikes me as a Steve Clarke style player. Does what he’s asked to do, gets up and down the park and will give you a level of consistency. Do I think he’d have been a regular no but I think he’d have been another of those players brought in for certain matches to do a specific job.

15 minutes ago, piffer said:

On paper he strikes me as a Steve Clarke style player. Does what he’s asked to do, gets up and down the park and will give you a level of consistency. Do I think he’d have been a regular no but I think he’d have been another of those players brought in for certain matches to do a specific job.

This. Physical presence and a good engine. I also think that Clarke would improve him, so wouldn't be averse to see him coming back. It would then be up to him to prove he could improve the midfield.

32 minutes ago, Garvis said:

The 3-2 game at RP O’Hara was blowing out his ass trying to catch Wilson when he scored the winner.

In fairness he wasn’t the only one. They looked full of energy for about 60-70minutes. After that they were chasing shadows. 

7 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Muirhead went for nothing but had big sell on %.

Unless you have inside info, I thought he went for a six-figure fee, reportedly between £150 and £180k.

MJ was heavily criticised at the time for cashing in on him at the end of the transfer window.

5 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

I think Kilmarnock will sign Livingston left full back Jack Longridge (Louis Longrideg his brother player with former Hamilton Accies) for might good left full back back up with Greg Taylor 

I think we tried the lower league back up left back with Waters - I would give him his chance first 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Unless you have inside info, I thought he went for a six-figure fee, reportedly between £150 and £180k.

MJ was heavily criticised at the time for cashing in on him at the end of the transfer window.

I think you're right, £180k. It was the opposite of that. A fee was agreed but it was in stages, the reason they loaned him and got rid of him was that he got near to triggering a payment and they didn't have the money to pay the rest of the fee. I'm unsure how it was settled, Hearts maybe. He was supposed to go to Celtic for £250k before that collapsed so maybe that's why Dundee United offered more than they could afford.

Or that's what I was led to believe at the time.

3 hours ago, Killiepies said:

What's Ryan Gauld up to ? Was a top prospect at one time .Haven't heard much of him since he went to Portugal  

Sure I read recently that he's in no rush to come back to Scotland. 

Happy in Portugal.

On loan at Aves from Sporting Lisbon. 

They meet each other in the Portuguese Cup Final on Sunday so I'm guessing he may not be eligible to play against his parent club

Edited by stewarty66

11 hours ago, Mogwai said:

As for the likes of Fletcher, I doubt he'd need the money at this stage.

So perhaps the possibility of getting into coaching under Steve Clarke holds more appeal than whatever Aberdeen can offer...

I hate saying this but I don't think the likes of Fletcher would sign to play on that pitch.

He's way out our price range anyway.