Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

I’d be surprised if Greer is still here next season. He wasn’t fit enough to warm up pre match vs Hearts and his half time involvement was a stroll on the pitch. Other games he’s been an unused sub in have followed similar paths. 

They can't say Findlay has returned to Newcastle because they have released him!

Simpson and Keranovic are out of contract too but so far I've not seen anything about their being released/ retained.

Is Findlay still not technically a Newcastle player till the 1st June? 

Is Findlay still not technically a Newcastle player till the 1st June? 

30 June.

The poster asked if the fact Findlay hadn't been quoted as returning to his parent club meant that he is "official". 

All I was saying was that the club couldn't really say that he was returning to his parent club since his parent club has already released him.

Well, they could have but then some pedant would have pointed out the above!

The ones announced is basically the club giving them the best chance to find a new club, putting it out in the press hopefully so another club fancies a look at any of them.

My take on the rest is that the club have offered a deal and are now waiting on the response from the players in question.

I wouldn’t have been adverse to Simpson being offered a deal to play back up to Taylor & SOD.

As much as I like GGG, he's been injured most of the season and I'd imagine on a decent weekly wage. Think we need to cut our losses... after all our club captain and one of the best central defenders I'd seen at the club in a long time was released early from his contract for similar long term injuries.

Possibly use the wages of Burke and smith to sign a player like o Halloran. Someone with pace. Sometimes think pace is underestimated in the Scottish game. Jones is a prime example. On another level look at Liverpool full of pace and very entertaining to watch. 

Possibly use the wages of Burke and smith to sign a player like o Halloran. Someone with pace. Sometimes think pace is underestimated in the Scottish game. Jones is a prime example. On another level look at Liverpool full of pace and very entertaining to watch. 

Pace is just about the only thing you can't defend in football. You can use your body if you are physically weaker or smaller and do well, but if someone is just rapid there isn't an easy answer.

Too close and you get turned. Stand off and you give them time to build up speed. I think with exception of Jones and O'Donnell we are a pretty laboured side, especially in midfield.

Depending on cost I think Burke is worth keeping. He is still a game changer.

As I’ve pointed out before, he’s played a total of 50 minutes since the winter break and last started a match at Easter Road in December, when he lasted an hour. 

When has he been changing all these games? 

Edited by skygod

Burke needs to be moved on, great player in tiny spells and obvious talent but he barely plays, surely money would be better spent on a young unproven that Clarke can turn in to a player / experienced loan player. I'd much rather see a guy like Will Graham being given minutes than Burke at this stage

As much as I like GGG, he's been injured most of the season and I'd imagine on a decent weekly wage. Think we need to cut our losses... after all our club captain and one of the best central defenders I'd seen at the club in a long time was released early from his contract for similar long term injuries.

Tend to agree on your comments about Steven Smith although he was injury prone and missed a lot of games during his time I also thought he was really quite a decent player and at least he wasn't afraid to put in a tackle I for one wish him well in the future!

Stevie Smith was a useless wage thief and I hope he doesn't darken the door and needlessly deplete the finances of another Scottish club. 

He did put a foot in though, his last major contribution was putting a stupid boot in and giving Hamilton a penalty when we were up 2-1.  Worst captain in memory. 

Edited by SaucyJackPirate