Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

Our budget will be limited and so the best players from the bottom four of SPL (at right age) are legitimate considerations.

Other than that we can't compete with wages in England down as far as lower reaches of league one.

Not saying that there won't be diamonds in the rough but we need to be realistic.

Other point is that we need to know who's staying before we can be sure what we might need ...... that's the logic of recent contract extensions.

2 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Conway wouldn’t be near our first XI at present so recruiting him to replace Jones is not a proactive step. He can go and pump his wee A*r pals in the Championship or the 1st division when they inevitably screw up their promotion. Brought up in Killie as well, you can take the horse to water..........

Brought up in the shadow of Rugby Park. Supports Celtic, played for Ayr, not exactly young and in his prime, would cost a fortune. I agree, no thanks. 

10 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Kilmarnock might look sign player from English League One, League Two and English National League with low wage or no wage 

Why not? 

We got Dicker and Power from those leagues. 

Motherwell have also unearthed a couple of gems from there too. 

10 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

The way the team is shaping up for next season we'll probably need a centre half to replace Greer, speedy Winger to replace Jones and a midfielder for Mulumbu. Maybe a right back as cover for SOD aswell. 

Bringing in 4 players instead of 11 so much better for continuity. 

How about Naismith at Ross County as cover for SOD?

25 minutes ago, piffer said:

I’ve got a feeling Simpson and the two goalkeepers will be here next season. 

Simpson looks pretty decent and he can cover both full-back positions. I'm not sure why Wolves would want him on loan at a club where he won't be a regular starter though.

On 4/1/2018 at 9:58 PM, Harrogate Peter said:

Our budget will be limited and so the best players from the bottom four of SPL (at right age) are legitimate considerations.

Other than that we can't compete with wages in England down as far as lower reaches of league one.

Not saying that there won't be diamonds in the rough but we need to be realistic.

Other point is that we need to know who's staying before we can be sure what we might need ...... that's the logic of recent contract extensions.

It's hard to argue with what you're saying financially but even though our budget might not stretch to what some of the bigger clubs in League One can pay there's surely a lure of taking a bit of a decrease to be playing against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts under Steve Clarke than playing against Oxford and Wimbledon. You also need to look at Gary Dicker's improvement since his move to show there are guys who have been playing English Championship that are maybe in a rut who have signed contracts with clubs where it really hasn't worked out. I'm quite optimistic about what Clarke and Dyer will be able to bring in with the resources available.

Plus we signed Steve Clarke and Youssouf Mulumbu so that alone would suggest the board are willing to put their hand in their pocket if it's an appealing enough move.

19 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Simpson looks pretty decent and he can cover both full-back positions. I'm not sure why Wolves would want him on loan at a club where he won't be a regular starter though.

I don't think Wolves will particularly care. I'd guess much like Findlay he's been told he isn't having his deal at Wolves renewed and his agent has tried to engineer any sort of move almost on a 6 month trial basis.

2 hours ago, casual observer said:

Findlay, Tish & Homer would be 3 excellent permanent signings, however unlikely Tish is to be released by Villa. He may be allowed another 6 month loan though to further develop him which I’d be happy with. The other two would bolster our defence options and need no settling in period next season. 

homer?