Over 3,200 ST's sold....

Squirrelhumper

20 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Good going so far. Does anybody else think a Wednesday is a strange day for the early bird offer to end rather than the weekend ?

Especially since it’s pay week 4 a lot of people 

Edited by Panman

1 minute ago, Bullitt said:

OK, I'm going to do a McLean here... I think that's quite a disappointing number so far. 

3 weeks after going on sale, given that most folk don't have £300+ just sitting there to spend at the drop of a hat. Especially in the summer

It's way ahead of what we normally shift by now, plenty will have to wait until after holidays etc before purchasing.

I bet you if you ask anyone from the club they will be delighted at the sales.

Plenty of our lot still to renew for a variety of reasons but all will. I'm sure they aren't alone.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

3 weeks after going on sale, given that most folk don't have £300+ just sitting there to spend at the drop of a hat. Especially in the summer

It's way ahead of what we normally shift by now, plenty will have to wait until after holidays etc before purchasing.

I bet you if you ask anyone from the club they will be delighted at the sales.

Plenty of our lot still to renew for a variety of reasons but all will. I'm sure they aren't alone.

You're probably right, in fact I know you will be... I just can't help but feeling a little disappointed with it.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Good going so far. Does anybody else think a Wednesday is a strange day for the early bird offer to end rather than the weekend ?

Wednesday could well be the end of season 2017/18.  Get the money in before then and going forward to next year, we're in a better financial position to budget for 2018/19 having met targets - or probably exceeded them. An extra player in might get another 500 tickets sold in June/July too.  

Edited by RAG
typo

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Is this figure actually SOLD STs or just STs got. The difference being if 1000 Adults bought STs and they all took a free child's ticket then is 2000 that good a figure as its only 1000 sold? Also we can not really compare with this time last year as I think it has already been said the tickets did not go on sale until 13th May.

3 minutes ago, DAVE_T said:

Is this figure actually SOLD STs or just STs got. The difference being if 1000 Adults bought STs and they all took a free child's ticket then is 2000 that good a figure as its only 1000 sold? Also we can not really compare with this time last year as I think it has already been said the tickets did not go on sale until 13th May.

It's season tickets, so will include U16s.

I saw a breakdown a few years back and adult season tickets accounted for less than 50% of those sold. It'll probably be similar this season, certainly a lot more kids going to games recently which is great.

Okay then, compare it with sales after 3 weeks sales last year, it'll be well up.

Point still stands.

PS - No chance all adult season ticket holders took a free U16 ticket, I know two in my family for starters who never and don't think most of my mates have either.

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

True, I took mine but a lot of folk live outside Killie and it's not as easy as giving it to a kid who lives nearby and can go themselves.

Could the trust arrange for them to be distributed to local schools or does there have to be a name on the ticket? 

Aside from the obvious uplift in ST sales, you could see a few bumper crowds next season; replacing Ross County with St Mirren, Gerrard being a bigger draw than the u20 manager and Celtic possibly getting a wee challenge along with both Edinburgh teams being reasonable should fill the away end more than in last few seasons.

All the teams around us geographically in the SPFL are also on the up..

3 hours ago, RAG said:

Wednesday could well be the end of season 2017/18. Get the money in before then and going forward to next year, we're in a better financial position to budget for 2018/19 having met targets - or probably exceeded them.

If you mean the financial year, it ends on 30 May.

Edited by skygod

Just now, skygod said:

If you mean the financial year, it ends on 30 May.

I wasnt thinking financially, just thought Wednesday was interesting as SC was originally away on Sunday, the play off's start on Thursday - which thankfully this year we're not involved in!  But presumably you need a couple of days to shut down operations, get the kits packed away for next season etc.

You'd imagine if your in play offs or the cup final the seasons basically extended by a week and a hefty win bonus!