Over 3,200 ST's sold....

Squirrelhumper

6 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

I asked the question of Russell Smith at the time when he was on board and they eventually did produce a 5 and 10 match ticket. Think it was £95 for 5 games so saving a fiver at the time over the walkup. They probably won't offer this at start of the season as it would devalue the season ticket. But I'd like to hope they reintroduce it 4/5 games in. Like you say it gets the club a lump sum and might make fans who go occasionally to get along to a few more.

Bad idea. Too many people would buy this instead of a season to see how things went. Loss of income overall.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, he talks that much s**te he forgets half his trolling attempts on here and ties himself in knots.

Usual.

I wish everyone was more ambitious for the club and less willing to accept second best. After selling 3000 in a couple of weeks, it would be reasonable to expect more that a couple of hundred in the next month. I revised my expectation after the god start, but so many are willing to settle for the wee club mentality. Shame. Not how Bobby Fleeting worked. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

I wish everyone was more ambitious for the club and less willing to accept second best. After selling 3000 in a couple of weeks, it would be reasonable to expect more that a couple of hundred in the next month. I revised my expectation after the god start, but so many are willing to settle for the wee club mentality. Shame. Not how Bobby Fleeting worked. 

I don’t agree. After the season we’ve had I think that many supporters bought immediately instead of humming and hawing till the last minute. I know my group was like that. We transferred from Family tickets to adult tickets and bought in the first phase instead of family tickets at the last opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Post-rationalisation nonsense.

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

I don’t agree. After the season we’ve had I think that many supporters bought immediately instead of humming and hawing till the last minute. I know my group was like that. We transferred from Family tickets to adult tickets and bought in the first phase instead of family tickets at the last opportunity.

So the sales increase is exaggerated base everybody just bought earlier?

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Bad idea. Too many people would buy this instead of a season to see how things went. Loss of income overall.

I did say that if you'd read the full comment. It's worthwhile offering it 4/5 games into campaign as season ticket would work out at over the walkup price per game.

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Nice back tracking.

Bobby Fleeting was indeed ambitious.....a bit too ambitious hence why he was forced out or the club was in deep s**t with the bank when he refused to heed their warnings about debt.

Yes there were great times under Fleeting but we are what we are. We are a provincial club that has a decent sized fan base. Yes we should/could be getting more but 4,000 season ticket holders will see us have the highest number outside Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

This is what McLean would prefer. Big club mentality innit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page/Link:

Page URL:

HTML link:<a href="https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Killie+lifeline+as+Fleeting+quits%3b+Bank+turns+up+heat.-a061278762</a>

Citations:
Bobby Fleeting's six-year reign as high-profile chairman of Kilmarnock came to a dramatic end last night.

And it was revealed that if he hadn't gone, the club could have been forced out of business.

Fleeting resigned prior to the club's annual general meeting in the Kilmarnock Grand Hall.

The 700 shareholders were stunned to see him take his seat in the body of the hall - and former Rangers director John Paton in charge as temporary chairman.

It was only when Fleeting was proposed for re-election that he stood up and admitted he had quit.

Mother-in-law Laurel Chadwick, who did not attend, was also ousted. She was proposed for re- election but lost her seat in a poll vote.

I understand she is now demanding pounds 200,000 in loans to the club be paid back immediately.

Paton said if Fleeting hadn't offered to go, the club, with debts of pounds 3.4m, was in danger of folding.

He said: "The bank has been asking us since last July to cut back.

"If Bobby Fleeting was staying on the board, they wanted their money back immediately - and the receivers would have been in on Monday morning."

The gravity of the Top Ten club's situation was stressed by director Jim Moffat, former head of AT Mays Travel Agency.

He said: "Nothing can be more plain than the Royal Bank of Scotland telling you it's the end of the road."

Fleeting claimed he had run out of time in trying to set up a cash package which would have involved a Nigerian doctor living in the USA.

He added: "I have worked tirelessly for this club for the past six years. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly."

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nice back tracking.

Bobby Fleeting was indeed ambitious.....a bit too ambitious hence why he was forced out or the club was in deep s**t with the bank when he refused to heed their warnings about debt.

Yes there were great times under Fleeting but we are what we are. We are a provincial club that has a decent sized fan base. Yes we should/could be getting more but 4,000 season ticket holders will see us have the highest number outside Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

Do you ever do any work? 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Page/Link:

Page URL:

HTML link:<a href="https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Killie+lifeline+as+Fleeting+quits%3b+Bank+turns+up+heat.-a061278762</a>

Citations:
Bobby Fleeting's six-year reign as high-profile chairman of Kilmarnock came to a dramatic end last night.

And it was revealed that if he hadn't gone, the club could have been forced out of business.

Fleeting resigned prior to the club's annual general meeting in the Kilmarnock Grand Hall.

The 700 shareholders were stunned to see him take his seat in the body of the hall - and former Rangers director John Paton in charge as temporary chairman.

It was only when Fleeting was proposed for re-election that he stood up and admitted he had quit.

Mother-in-law Laurel Chadwick, who did not attend, was also ousted. She was proposed for re- election but lost her seat in a poll vote.

I understand she is now demanding pounds 200,000 in loans to the club be paid back immediately.

Paton said if Fleeting hadn't offered to go, the club, with debts of pounds 3.4m, was in danger of folding.

"If Bobby Fleeting was staying on the board, they wanted their money back immediately - and the receivers would have been in on Monday morning."

The gravity of the Top Ten club's situation was stressed by director Jim Moffat, former head of AT Mays Travel Agency.

He said: "Nothing can be more plain than the Royal Bank of Scotland telling you it's the end of the road."

Fleeting claimed he had run out of time in trying to set up a cash package which would have involved a Nigerian doctor living in the USA.

He added: "I have worked tirelessly for this club for the past six years. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly."

I was not a total fan of Fleeting. He loved the publicity and the big gesture, but I think we should be able to aim for 5000 seasons, especially when a fair proportion are given away free.

Just now, Mclean07 said:

I was not a total fan of Fleeting. He loved the publicity and the big gesture, but I think we should be able to aim for 5000 seasons, especially when a fair proportion are given away free.

I don't think at any time when he was chairman we had 5,000 season ticket holders.

I'm pretty sure we never in the first season back up. We averaged about 9,000 but I don't think we had 5,000 season ticket holders. PATG was bigger back then.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think at any time when he was chairman we had 5,000 season ticket holders.

I'm pretty sure we never in the first season back up. We averaged about 9,000 but I don't think we had 5,000 season ticket holders. PATG was bigger back then.

It was indeed. Came across my old season that had a hole punched in it at each home game. Probably some poor fish choked it's last on one of the plastic circles. Much more environmentally friendly these days, season tickets that last forever.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Maybe you should have said that in the first place rather than stating you would be pleasantly surprised if we got 4,000.

Instead you didn’t register your pleasant surprise when the figure was reached (like anyone else would have done) but just complained that it wasn’t 5,000. 

If you found a tenner in the street you’d just moan that it wasn’t twenty. 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Page/Link:

Page URL:

Citations:

Bobby fleetings blue and white army

6 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Cup games can lead to non playing league weekends and therefore rescheduled matches Christ why am I even responding to this. 

Unless we get to hampden it's not an issue. If we get to hampden who cares if we miss a game! Cup games never replace weekend league games unless it's been called off numerous times or itsa semi final/final. I'm afraid none of these are guaranteed. 

Sorry for trying to answer your questions. Google it yourself next time.

Alternatively just buy a season!

On 6/25/2018 at 12:56 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Who said poaching support from other local sides? Ayrshire is huge, Killie is the local side for folk from West Kilbride to Galston. Would be idiotic not to try and engage that.

I like you man.

This is bang on, Kilmarnock is the local team for anybody in Ayrshire. West Kilbride is literally 15-20 minutes to Rugby Park. 

So people from Ardrossan, Troon, Irvine, Hurforld etc should go and support Junior teams instead?

If the professional team was based in Irvine then people from Kilmarnock would support it. Why’s this guy trying to make out like there’s professional clubs dotted all round the county when there isn’t? 

14 hours ago, historyman said:

Maybe you should have said that in the first place rather than stating you would be pleasantly surprised if we got 4,000.

Instead you didn’t register your pleasant surprise when the figure was reached (like anyone else would have done) but just complained that it wasn’t 5,000. 

If you found a tenner in the street you’d just moan that it wasn’t twenty. 

I can't register my pleasant surprise, as 4000 hasn't been reached yet. I was very surprised when we sold 3000 so quickly and said so. I'm disappointed after that start, we're not at 4000 already. 

22 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I can't register my pleasant surprise, as 4000 hasn't been reached yet. I was very surprised when we sold 3000 so quickly and said so. I'm disappointed after that start, we're not at 4000 already. 

You must be very easily surprised if you couldn't figure out that the bulk of supporters would buy season tickets when they were at their cheapest and then there would be a lull until nearer August when the season begins. 

46 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Were you in the scout's? You're very good at tieing knots. 

45 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Were you surprised that we got to 3200 with, 1,000+ of these being new season ticket holders?

A tiny amount of the existing 650 yet to renew, will renew. I know 1 for starters that is today as it's his payday and he was on holiday last month.

We'll get 4,000 by time the season starts. A lot of folk simply don't renew until right before kick off and take the financial hit.

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

A lot of folk simply don't renew until right before kick off and take the financial hit.

As a friend of mine remarked when I asked why he hadn't renewed earlier, "It's not like they are going to be fully subscribed and run out of seats at Kilmarnock, is it?"