Over 3,200 ST's sold....

Squirrelhumper

So after a fantastic season last year and the best management team we're ever likely to have, we're not up at all from last season at this moment and unless there's a last minute rush we'll be barely up in % terms. The Board are ok, the Management are ok the team are ok, the communication is ok, MJ has gone, but still a pIsspoor response from the "supporters". I wasnt right, @Squirrelhumper was right, keep your expectations low and even then don't exceed them. Depressing. 

44 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

that cannot be right 10 more than last year. !! if so really disappointing  

Correct ... it's not right .... we've sold 10 LESS than last year but last year's figure includes the half-season tickets sold at Xmas.

7 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Correct ... it's not right .... we've sold 10 LESS than last year but last year's figure includes the half-season tickets sold at Xmas.

And how many of those were there? Not that many I would assume. Mist sold would be because of SSC and there won't be that boost at Christmas this year. What a slap in the face for everyone's efforts at the club, including those who paid for adverts. Even if we sell 4000, it's a pitiful increase on last year. By the way, SSC was hoping for 6-8000 gates this year, not some date in the distant future. Dream on Sir Steve. In these figures the average home support will be 4000. Barely moving from last year. Let's hope there's a surge this week to avoid total embarrassment. 

4 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Difference I suppose is the prices are up this year so the club is still raking more cash in. People still buy on open day and first game of season . We’ll be up by seaso start

Desparate attempt at a positive spin, but hats off for trying. If we weren't up it would be a disgrace, so nothing to write home about.

I’m astonished by this number given the amount of people I know who have bought that hadn’t previously. Could it be that it doesn’t include free tickets so we could be almost the same in fully paid for tickets as we were the total last season (including free kids)? 

Just now, skygod said:

Even if it's just ten, fewer season tickets sold than last year is a major disappointment.

Considering the team's form from when SC took over until the split was virtually championship-challenging, you have to wonder what else it would take.

Let's hear from @Squirrelhumper. He's been saying up till now we should be pleased with the sales. After two weeks we were up 1000. Something's gone wrong.

2 minutes ago, KevM said:

I’m astonished by this number given the amount of people I know who have bought that hadn’t previously. Could it be that it doesn’t include free tickets so we could be almost the same in fully paid for tickets as we were the total last season (including free kids)? 

I'm going to tweet Scott McClymont. We need an answer.

45 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

By the way, SSC was hoping for 6-8000 gates this year, not some date in the distant future. Dream on Sir Steve. In these figures the average home support will be 4000. Barely moving from last year. Let's hope there's a surge this week to avoid total embarrassment. 

100% - I keep reading about how it will take time and it's not an over night thing. 

How long do people think he's signed for? Clarke by the sounds of it was hoping for a pretty quick response - let's hope he's not totally let down during his tenure.

The figure on the face of it seems bit deflating , would be interesting to see how it compares to the actual ST basefigure was at same stage last season .also how many former ST holders are still to renew ..am still hopeful in next week or so will get close to that 4 thousand figure 

Any sensible review of the ST figures can only be done after our first home game 

for years such figures were seldom made public by the club 

Edited by Scouser2

16 hours ago, BlueKillie said:

meltdown incom.... oh it's already started xD

Do explain? Do you think it’s likely we will keep Clarke, Dyer, Jones etc when we have a “support” that will not invest in the club, I give you the 200 odd TIK memberships level as an indicator of the lack of commitment from our fans,

pathetic that’s what it is

59 minutes ago, ross1987 said:

100% - I keep reading about how it will take time and it's not an over night thing. 

How long do people think he's signed for? Clarke by the sounds of it was hoping for a pretty quick response - let's hope he's not totally let down during his tenure.

This 'gradual' nonsense. You have to strike while the iron's hot. If SSC leaves next summer what 'gradual' process would take place that would increase season tickets the next season. 

By the way, we're probably panicking too soon. I mean we should wait on pay day, the open day, the first game of the season. That's what we've been told by the complacent for weeks now. 

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

This 'gradual' nonsense. You have to strike while the iron's hot. If SSC leaves next summer what 'gradual' process would take place that would increase season tickets the next season. 

By the way, we're probably panicking too soon. I mean we should wait on pay day, the open day, the first game of the season. That's what we've been told by the complacent for weeks now. 

Yes, the figure is disappointing, but continual negativity isn't going to solve the problem either. The early bird offer obviously appealed to most fans but since then it's been a trickle rather than a flood of buyers. Maybe more could have been done by the club after the early bird offers had finished, like a comparison with increased walk-up prices after they had been announced. I don't think season-ticket sales will influence our management team other than reduce their budget which is bad enough, and it certainly won't have any affect on whether Jordan Jones stays or goes.

7 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Yes, the figure is disappointing, but continual negativity isn't going to solve the problem either. The early bird offer obviously appealed to most fans but since then it's been a trickle rather than a flood of buyers. Maybe more could have been done by the club after the early bird offers had finished, like a comparison with increased walk-up prices after they had been announced. I don't think season-ticket sales will influence our management team other than reduce their budget which is bad enough, and it certainly won't have any affect on whether Jordan Jones stays or goes.

I have to say that I don’t think JJ or many others want to walk out to 3000 fans, I definitely don’t think SSC and Alex Dyer will be here next year unless the local( Ayrshire) community start to turn up in numbers