Over 3,200 ST's sold....

Squirrelhumper

9 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

No disrespect intended but one persons legitimate reason is another’s excuse. In the 50 odd years I’ve been watching Killie attitudes have changed as have the alternatives to sitting in a cold stadium watching football . 

‘Excitement can be had at the and of a mouse , touchpad or keyboard. Sky et al have introduce wall to wall football , mostly playing football at a higher level than SPFL with better players , with better analysis and build up than discussing it with your mate in the pie queue . This has IMO raised peoples expectations of what they want from a football match and then there’s the streaming option. Go onto any football board and you can get a link to practically any football match in the world for a fee that’s much less than the admission to RP .

The core support will always be there but this clarion call for the lapsed , the lazy or the indifferent to return to RP will IMO fall on deaf ears , as has been seen re the poor uptake of the trust initiatives . Like it or not we live in a country where not all the glory hunters are old firm 

Excellent post.  Nothing brings supporters back like psopect of tangible success. In that regard i mean only winning things. Three main factors here. The manager you have, the players you have and how you are actually doing. Let’s all agree we cannot Improv3 the manager. Players....without mulumbu and impending deaparturebof jj ( the two star players) why should the marginal supporters believe we can push on and win something? We need a couple of big signings to draw the marginals back in. But the thirsd area is the most important. We start winning early or progress in league cup it will matter little how many seasons we have sold. Selling seasons is of course important to bring cash up front but the average home attendance will be influenced more by how we do. THat should be the focus. That’s what drives the financial health of the club.

To the broader point above. The more choice younger people have, the less likely they will commit up front to killie through season. They will be influenced in part by signings ( And link to chance of winning things) but more by actual performances. If we beat st johnston, livi then hearts, here’s will be 6000 killie fans in rugby park at next game.

the match day experiences needs to trap punters ( particularly the young) if we are not relying on good results. It’s Jurassic in nature. Couple of beers 45 mins before kick off, sit through often atmosphere free zone and straight home after. To be fair as a 49 year old exactly the way I like it (on a good day). But it does not sell well to all demographics. The more youthful on this forum can likely shape how it needs to change to make under 23s come to to more often. 

Gaming is huge right now, my 16 year old is testimony. Professional gamers. Talk of Olympic representation. Time for killie and others to sponsor a Kilmarnock gaming team? Compete with other uk football clubs on big screen 2 hours before kick off. Free entry based on ticket purchase or season ticket. Needs coordination at national level. Maybe it’s the the third mojito talking ( it’s 5 o’clock somewhere) but we needs to seriously address the the match day experience if we care about future participation by the young marginals.

9 hours ago, trenwick said:

maybe we need a signing or two from left field or someone to get the fans excited. its ok getting everyone signed up to avoid wholesale changes but fans love new players coming to the club.... 

maybe a lee clark 19 signings in one day will boost seasion tickets sales this week

I'm not sure a signing will make someone who hasn't bought go out and invest £380 or so. It would need to be a superstar and that sadly isn't the market we will be operating in.

I think the numbers are really disappointing. I actually feel quite deflated about it. The increase from 2,700 or so to our current total is probably just those walk ups who have decided a season ticket is more cost effective... so I'm not sure we will see any more than a modest increase to our usual average crowd.

Agree with Thebiguy. 

Don’t know enough about gaming but if that would bring in youngsters pre-match, set it up. 

I’ve been to rugby matches at the likes of Harlequins and London Irish and the bars in the ground were jumping before and after the match. Live bands playing, lots of young men and women and families with money to spend and they were clearly going to be there long after the match. 

Where else in Killie could be jumping at five o’clock on a Saturday? Oldsters like us can drift off into the night and leave them to it. 

The match can be the event which brings in a crowd and designing entertainment around the match could attract people who otherwise wouldn’t consider attending. 

If there is limited demand for hospitality in the Park Suite, get the space refitted to create a room and product which will pack it out. 

Edited by skygod

7 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'm

Not even if we sitting in top 4 at Christmas, 6 points behind celtic. And semis of league cup. Still 4500 killie fans? I don’t believe. Thenattebdances will be dominated by how we perform. THe performces will be heavily influenced by who we sign in next few weeks. It’s all in the clubs hands. Cheer up....

14 hours ago, ross1987 said:

100% - I keep reading about how it will take time and it's not an over night thing. 

How long do people think he's signed for? Clarke by the sounds of it was hoping for a pretty quick response - let's hope he's not totally let down during his tenure.

Now wait just a minute! I’m with Squirrelhumper on this one - an increase of 10 season tickets holders a year is good, steady, realistic improvement...

4000 season tickets would be good. Get that we are the best supported club out with the other five teams that finished top 6. We are also travelling well allover the country as usual to be fair. A good start to the season and maybe a few more exciting signings we will be fine. Disappointing figures though to say the least.

Edited by Souleycouley93

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

4000 season tickets would be good. Get that we are the best supported club out with the five teams that finished above us. We are also travelling well allover the country as usual to be fair. A good start to the season and maybe a few more exciting signings we will be fine. Disappointing figures though to say the least.

Only four teams finished above us. I’m presuming you mean the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs as well as Aberdeen. 

I don’t think 4K is that bad. It’s more disappointing that a week before the season we aren’t there yet. Yes we may get there today or by kick off on Saturday but with the buzz and the hype I thought we’d be there already. 

Is it time for the players and staff to pick up the phone like we did under KS?

Knowing exactly how many season tickets we have sold is a double-edged sword. If the club are doing all they can to sell season tickets which are attractively priced then there isn't much more we can do to influence sales other than spreading the word. We obsess about attendances for single games, particularly ticketed games, and now this massive thread about something we really have no control over. If people want to buy a season they will buy one and if they don't they won't. The attendances for the two home League Cup games have been decent so let's chill out until the obsession starts up again with the St. Johnstone attendance.

11 hours ago, bornin65 said:

Why is that then ? I just don’t get why folks would not want to join TIK, not saying it’s wrong I just don’t understand why.

I’m content supporting the club as I do. No big reason really. If pushed I’d tell you I thought the TIK thing seems a bit cliquey though. And it seems so righteous - you’re not a real supporter unless you’re a member kinda thing. No thanks. 

46 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We obsess about attendances for single games, particularly ticketed games, and now this massive thread about something we really have no control over.

Agree that it looks really nerdy to be constantly speculating about sales and asking for updates. The only number which matters is the final one, which we have rarely been privy to in the past..

However, I don't agree that it's not within our control. As supporters, we should be unpaid sales agents for the club. Most of us must know people who used to go regularly and have lapsed, or who go occasionally and could be nagged into buying a season ticket.

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

I’m content supporting the club as I do. No big reason really. If pushed I’d tell you I thought the TIK thing seems a bit cliquey though. And it seems so righteous - you’re not a real supporter unless you’re a member kinda thing. No thanks. 

If you are happy then no one is going to complain. The full thing about it being cliquey though is a self perpetuating myth - perpetuated by people who don't consider themselves to be part of it ergo everyone else has to be a clique. That's just nonsense my friend. I know none of the people involved, nor do I have a desire to as I have my own circle of friends, or clique it would seem to be called these days, but it doesn't stop me doing what I think is a good thing for our club. If you don't want to then that's fine, I think you are missing the point a wee bit but I am not going to criticise you about it at all, and I fail to see any one from the trust who are running this criticising anyone either, another myth it would seem. The club are backing it and have put someone on the board through it so that's all I need to know. They don't seem to push it much but i would guess that is because its against the law to promote the purchase of ones own shares and that's what is eventually happening to the funds, so they do it indirectly or discreetly. I expect it will become the norm for football clubs to raise funds through their fans this way and someday we'll wonder how we ever managed without it. Us old guys are not very good with change though so we're still expecting a lottery winner to pitch up and start spending his money on a non-profit that is a football club, but its not going to happen so I'm happy to chip in with this TIK thing until someone comes up with something better. It's FREE MONEY to the club, I thought DrewWylie would be all over it.

25 minutes ago, rb_506 said:

If you are happy then no one is going to complain. The full thing about it being cliquey though is a self perpetuating myth - perpetuated by people who don't consider themselves to be part of it ergo everyone else has to be a clique. That's just nonsense my friend. I know none of the people involved, nor do I have a desire to as I have my own circle of friends, or clique it would seem to be called these days, but it doesn't stop me doing what I think is a good thing for our club. If you don't want to then that's fine, I think you are missing the point a wee bit but I am not going to criticise you about it at all, and I fail to see any one from the trust who are running this criticising anyone either, another myth it would seem. The club are backing it and have put someone on the board through it so that's all I need to know. They don't seem to push it much but i would guess that is because its against the law to promote the purchase of ones own shares and that's what is eventually happening to the funds, so they do it indirectly or discreetly. I expect it will become the norm for football clubs to raise funds through their fans this way and someday we'll wonder how we ever managed without it. Us old guys are not very good with change though so we're still expecting a lottery winner to pitch up and start spending his money on a non-profit that is a football club, but its not going to happen so I'm happy to chip in with this TIK thing until someone comes up with something better. It's FREE MONEY to the club, I thought DrewWylie would be all over it.

100% this.

People from all over in TIK. I personally know only one other person in it and they live 75 miles away from me.

This forum is one big clique because we are all Killie fans. how you choose to support the team is your business and nobody elses.

To suggest TIK is a clique is quite frankly petty and pathetic.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

Agree that it looks really nerdy to be constantly speculating about sales and asking for updates. The only number which matters is the final one, which we have rarely been privy to in the past..

However, I don't agree that it's not within our control. As supporters, we should be unpaid sales agents for the club. Most of us must know people who used to go regularly and have lapsed, or who go occasionally and could be nagged into buying a season ticket.

I have a season and my daughter does too. My son sees maybe six games a season at most when he comes back for holidays/family birthdays. I'm not going to nag him into buying a season because I know how much it costs him in train or plane fares to attend those family events.

The one thing the board could do is appoint a chairman/woman who could sell the club. At the KFCSA AGM Mr. Kiltie seemed to think that the board were doing fine without a chairman, but at the same time bemoaned the fact that supporters hadn't returned in the numbers hoped for after MJ stepped down. I have great respect for what Mr. Bowie and the board are doing but BB is functional rather than inspirational. We need a chairman to push Steve Clarke's achievements into the limelight and sell the club, maybe it could be Mrs. McLeish, but we need somebody at the helm rather than a committee.

Edited by Wrangodog

Went down to pick up my ST and shop couldn't do it, they said ticket office was open. It wasn't, shutters were down. Wasn't a stall that i could see and had a peek in park hotel and couldn't see there either. Club wants us to buy tickets but making it so difficult to do so. the club are seemingly missing a big opportunity here, thousands of folk down at the ground. Was expecting signs and the occasional announcement asking folk to buy.  Maybe i just missed it?