Scotland squad

Mmk2

3 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Piss poor he had to wait for a call off but now got a real chance to make right back his own..good for him and the profile of the club.

As long as Tierney is fit he isn't going to be picked ahead of him. He is also in the unfortunate position of playing in a weakened Scotland team that Peru and Mexico should thump. Still, it's good experience for him.

15 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

As long as Tierney is fit he isn't going to be picked ahead of him. He is also in the unfortunate position of playing in a weakened Scotland team that Peru and Mexico should thump. Still, it's good experience for him.

Not sure tierney will be switched to right back. Tried that and didn’t work. More likely tierney will fit in at centre back ( as part of 3) with Roberson playing left wing back. Sod has Paterson and Fraser as competition on the right side I would have thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought SOD played ok. He would have been even better if any of our midfielder had the brains or ability to find him on one of his many runs down the right wing. McGinn in particular was guilty of trying to force everything down the left. A wee bit protection from the posing prick Kenny McLean, inexplicably playing as a right winger, wouldn’t have gone amiss either. Apparently he’s too good to do tracking back; something Wullie forgot to mention which either highligts his bias towards anyone with an Aberdeen connection or his complete lack of tactical awareness. It’s difficult to know which though. 

Willie Miller is a wank biscuit. Thought SO'D looked excellent and rarely misplaced a pass. The role he played was like a third central defender and the second goal came from him following two men while McKenna and Mulgrew both wanted to play sweeper.

McGinn was horrific.

McBurnie I see nothing in.

Murphy I seen twice at national anthem and being subbed.

Phillips... 

Was really impressed with McGeough though and Morgan when he came on added a little spark.

Decent result, Archer and McBurnie are no better than countless SPFL players playing up here.You wonder if Scotland playing it down our left was tactical, to keep the ball away from the highly rated Peru left winger Trauco, who got the overload on SOD for the second goal with McLean posted missing. The top Peru player (Flamengo striker/ mad haircut) is currently banned for 6 months for failing a drugs test, effectively ending his career at 34, so I'd doubt their ranking of 11 in the world will hold up.

At least we didn't get gubbed in South America, I could have seen last night being 4 or 5.  Had McBurnie scored late on there would only have been an avoidable penalty in it.  Decent from a patchwork team of debutantes playing for first time in South America.

Mexico will move the ball around and keep possession better than Peru, will be a much sterner test on Friday..

Edited by RAG

. Apparently he’s too good to do tracking back; something Wullie forgot to mention which either highligts his bias towards anyone with an Aberdeen connection or his complete lack of tactical awareness. It’s difficult to know which though. 

Willie says Kenny McLean is "world class", so presumably Peru are out of this World?