Stadium Renovations

C4mmy31

With the close season now under way, work has begun on renovations around Rugby Park.

We are upgrading our sound system in the East Stand, Moffat Stand and Chadwick Stand ahead of the 2018/19 season in order to improve the match day experience for supporters.

The Executive Club will be completely refurbished and relaunched going into the new campaign, providing an exclusive club with a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. 

As we prepare to mark our 150th anniversary in 2019, our boardroom will also receive a facelift this summer with the new look reflecting Killie’s proud history and tradition.

Further details will be released across the close season. 

2 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

take it the hospitality glass box will be completed and finally in use next season - --

hopefully the improvements to the corporate side including executive club etc will bring in the required revenue to the club 

Was sitting next to it on Sunday, the hospitality box appears to be finished with the building works internally, a lot of fixtures & fitting sitting bubble wrapped waiting to be installed.

21 minutes ago, spicybarbecue said:

did I hear that we are also putting in a grass pitch or am I making that up?

Chick Young kept saying that on the radio as if it was fact, it's not though. BB said the intention is to replace the pitch at the end of the coming season.

Agree, there are quite a few chairs in the east that are broken and need repaired.

I also feel there is another issue with the seats. When the seat is upright there are two areas exposed with corners made of hard plastic. The amount of times I have injured my legs on these is unreal. I feel the exposed parts should at least have rubber over them to protect peoples legs. Has anyone else done their calf muscle on the chairs or is it just me? 

Edited by Killied

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Chick Young kept saying that on the radio as if it was fact, it's not though. BB said the intention is to replace the pitch at the end of the coming season.

Chick also said Durie was going to the hunnery about 18 months before he finally did. Then had the brass neck to claim the exclusive. Pay no attention to what comes out of that old fool's mouth. 

19 minutes ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

would be nice if the reserved stickers were on the right seats and the seats had numbers.

That is annoying. The row I sit on is more or less at 100% capacity if you were to believe all the reserved stickers. After a few seasons sitting there I know that's not even close to being the case. I feel about sorry for walk ups on the busier days.

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

After the season we have I wouldn't be dicking about with our pitch or it's dimensions to be honest.

Yeah, didn't SC say the reason Hibs beat us post-split was because they played very open and stretched the park which didn't suit us? Would be surprised if the pitch got changed next season.