Goal of the Season

BlueKillie

If I was on twitter it would be Boyd versus Dundee for me.

If Celtic or heaven forbid THEM had scored it it would be all over the media.

And if Real Madrid or Barcelona had scored it would be defined as "world class".

Thought it was great at the time but every time I see it it looks better and there was actually a few more passes before what is on the clip.

20 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

WOW did we score some crackers this season!

Boyd's is the standout amongst these particular beauties!

And it doesn’t include Erwin’s chip vs Accies, Brophy in the cup game against that Highland mob, Friz turn and finish at Murrayfield, SODs daisy cutter at Motherwell.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

A fantastic goal but I think the finish let’s it down a bit. They all count and it was a great three points but the final touch was a wee bit iffy.

Seriously? He literally had nothing to aim at,to score from where he was with a defender directly in front of him & the keeper positioned towards the side of the goal he had to aim for he had to bend it round both of them & in off the post. I thot it was an outstanding last touch with composure after a hell of a run....or it least thats how i remember it tho i was going mental at that point admittedly!!

I'll say only this. I don't think I have celebrated a goal as much as Iain Wilson's winner against Dundee since Jimmy Mac's winner against Dundee United in the SC Semi replay in 1997 but while it is a fantastic feat of perseverance it is not in the same bracket as the Boyd goal in the same match.

Boyd's goal was reminiscent of something that Eremenko, Bryson and Kelly would have created. Quality of the movement and finish from Boyd was sublime and yet still eclipsed by Erwin's build-up play. 

One of the most enjoyable goals I've celebrated at RP. Felt that was the day we put our foot down and made it clear we were taking a top six spot and also think it was a blow that hit Dundee's season hard.