Would you rather

Dillinger

Would you rather ...  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs

• Livingston
    • Partick Thistle

I'm going for Livingston. Seems a shame to lose a handy away day and happy hunting ground in Thistle, but Livi not much further. 

Folk saying Livingston play a poor brand of football but having watched the first leg, you can't say Thistle are any better!

Would be good drama to finally see the Championship team up in a playoff

I went for the Jags because I don't want a new "Accies" it is bad enough having Accies v1.0 without having their mini-me club up as well.

Having said that if Livi do come up it would be impossible to grudge them the promotion - their desire and work rate have been phenomenal in all of the play-off games so far. 

It doesn't depend on who we want, Livi were the better team on Thursday and unless Thistle improve drastically they will be out.

Livi appeared to have a good number of young supporters on Thursday so if they can build on that they can maybe increase their fan base. The games against Thistle at Firhill have followed the same predictable pattern in recent seasons, they huff and puff, but we score first and go on to win, plus the away stand at Firhill is a death trap.

Based purly on away days Partick. Been to Livi many times but only on a bus/car straight to the ground. From memory there is f**k all there. Youd be as well going into Edinburgh first. 

But if Livi do it fair play. Some feat. And going by our recent away crowds we will pack out a fair bit of that stadium. 

12 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I think the Jags are going down... they are awful!

Thistle will bring a better crowd to Rugby Park than Livi, so purely for financial reasons I would like them to stay up.

In fairness we already have St Mirren replacing County on the crowd front 

Here's a wee quote from a Livvy fan, last night on P&B, ahead of today's playoff......

"Nerves are well and truly starting to kick in ahead of this tomorrow. Expecting a good turnout from us, which is unusual......"

Judging by other posts on the thread they would bring no more fans than Ross County do to away games.

Thistle for me because like RC, Hamilton Inverness and St Johnstone, Livi will bring nothing to the Premier league. Someone said football should be rewarded on merit not crowds and although that is true I prefer to go to games with some atmosphere. Thistle bring a decent crowd to RP as we do there. Hoping they stay up but won't lose any sleep if they don't.

I can’t decide on this one. On one hand I think Partick bring more to the league in terms of away support etc but living in Edinburgh, Livingston is a much easier away game for me to get to. Either way I’ll not be too disappointed whichever way the game finishes 

5 hours ago, Dillinger said:

In fairness we already have St Mirren replacing County on the crowd front 

Agreed mate. But why do we need to sub one poor attendance for another. Both thistle and St Mirren in the league would certainly help our balance sheet.

In fact I'd bet that St Mirren or Thistle visiting RP once would bring in more revenue than Livi, Accies and Ross County combined.