Would you rather

Dillinger

Would you rather ...  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs

• Livingston
    • Partick Thistle

Oooft the feel good factor from this season has disappeared like sh!t off a hot shovel pretty quickly ;) 

The point about “preferring “ Thistle to Livi is monetary. I can recall Thistle bringing 1500 to RP and recently iirc 500ish . With all respect to Livi they won’t bring that to RP ever !  They barely took 1000 to the play off final yet when we were last involved Falkirk brought 3500, how many realistically will they bring to RP 1-200 max to a little corner in the FB stand  Using these figures at £20 a pop approximately 2 x a season that’s £18000 of a difference using the lowest. You’d have to sell an awful lot of shirts to make that profit . I’d prefer Falkirk/ Dunfermline/Ayr/ Dundee Utd given the choice but merit wins through so Livi it is. If we want our team to keep improving, as the other debate on this thread points out we need money and as the TIK supporters like to point out a majority of Killie fans/people/supporters have demonstrated, rightly or wrongly , are hesitant to put there  own hands in there pockets . So is it wrong to wish better supported teams , and I include the “blue pound “ are more welcome at RP ? ST Mirren in there 1st year back have already said that the OF will be getting 2 stands , good for them I say prudent fiscal planning, plus we won’t be the only “sellouts” in the SPFL ( for that read grounds that are big enough to milk them ) 

1 minute ago, rb_506 said:

Did the guy on the other thread not say he heard it first hand from Billy Bowie?

I'm not inclined to believe someone 'hearing it'. If in the next financial statement we have an increase in debt to Billy Bowie or his company then I will stand corrected. However with the aforementioned increase in cash flow and strong financials I don't see why Bowie would be paying for these improvements.     

Guaranteed the people talking about fanbases are the same ones who get upset when Celtic or rangers bring it up about us. People are talking about the money fans bring but having 'weaker' teams increases the likelihood of us finishing higher up the league (or the difference between relegation altogether) and getting more prize money. 

4 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Oh right, because so much has changed down Govan way. Just like with The Rangers Football Club i will dislike Livingston, who, as i said  before were born out of a team being properly liquidated.

That’s exactly my point. We say the “new Rangers” aren’t the same club. They disagree. However, there are new people running what isn’t legally the same club (still dickheads, of course) as there are at Livingston, but I don’t hear Livi fans suggesting they are the same club - mind you in their short history they have crammed in a few names, so they may just be confused...

Livingston. “New” ground to visit. Whipping boys. Good story. 2 up, 2 down. Deserve it.

Might be a bit hypocritical/egotistical after our performances in recent seasons but I think the top league should be 2 up 2 down to keep it fresh. Also, it’s easier to stay in the premiership than it is to get out the second tier. The play offs are good but are loaded in the favour of the Premiership team, so I’m glad to see a “wee’er“ team come up. f**k Partick, only negative is they bring more to the league than Hamilton (my preference for the drop).

dare I say it... Livingston to go straight back down is a certainty!

Edited by Bobby14

4 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

dare I say it... Livingston to go straight back down is a certainty!

Given that it very rarely happens I'm not so sure about that. I think Gretna were the last team to go down in their first season up, and they couldn't use their own stadium and then ran out of money.

5 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Given that it very rarely happens I'm not so sure about that. I think Gretna were the last team to go down in their first season up, and they couldn't use their own stadium and then ran out of money.

Such is life when you rely on businessmen and the like to keep your club going. You live on a knife edge at their whim. You have no control over your own destiny or the future of your own club. BUT - That's fine though because it'll never happen to us, as long as I get to see a game on a Saturday I don't care. O.o

1 minute ago, TommyG said:

Such is life when you rely on businessmen and the like to keep your club going. You live on a knife edge at their whim. You have no control over your own destiny or the future of your own club. BUT - That's fine though because it'll never happen to us, as long as I get to see a game on a Saturday I don't care. O.o

Awww but eh STEVE CLARKE

I loved this season but Livingston coming up with St Mirren is refreshing for the league in my opinion. St Mirren will bring double what Partick have brought recently and Livingston will bring more than Ross County as they will have a buzz around them.

Also Livingston will have 6000 Celtic and Rangers fans at their ground at 20£ a skull. Therefore allowing them a bigger playing budget alone from those few games. St Mirren have also looked to take the old firms money and progress the clubs budget. Livingston will cash in handsomely with Heart and Hibs 10 mins away also.

Some of Livingston players on 2/300£ a week. Well deserved boost for a club who through sheer hard work and determination  battled 4 games after a hard season. Stabilises their club for a couple of seasons and they will probably go back down.

54 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Not that Killie are currently worried about our survival odds but it all helps.

We shouldn't be complacent though. 

Survival still our first goal and then we can look for more.

A few teams have been relegated recently after having decent seasons the season before. 

2 hours ago, Fankle said:

They’re budget will be tiny in comparison and I doubt with the financial problems they’ve had over the years they will be willing to throw money at it to stay in the top league

7 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Without a major strengthening exercise which may be well beyond their financial means, Livi must be hot favourites to go back down.

As hot as your prediction that Thistle would wipe the floor with them ?

If they can keep Hopkin and Jack Ross leaves St. Mirren they have a fighting chance.

5 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

They’re budget will be tiny in comparison and I doubt with the financial problems they’ve had over the years they will be willing to throw money at it to stay in the top league

A tiny budget hasn't stopped Hamilton Accies, for 4 years now.

17 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Without a major strengthening exercise which may be well beyond their financial means, Livi must be hot favourites to go back down.

I don't understand that logic.

Livi had the 8th highest budget in a ten team league and came second. Hamilton year on year have the lowest budget in the top flight.

Livi also have spanked Partick Thistle and Dundee who have a considerably larger budget. No one will want to play Livingston. They have a style of football and formula that work for them.

I don't think they will strengthen massively and I don't think they will go down next year either.

I was quite happy to see Livingston and Alloa winning. If a team finishes second bottom they should get relegated. Play-offs should be for the teams who finish towards the top of a league. I'd even prefer to see the old system of straight up and down as that is the fairest way to measure a league season but I can see the excitement that the play offs bring and it also reduces meaningless games during the season as well. 

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

As hot as your prediction that Thistle would wipe the floor with them ?

I stand by the point that Thistle were the better side. Their total lack of motivation in the playoffs is a bit of a mystery. Maybe its time for Alan Archibald to have a wee career break, he cold be "resting" as the acting profession have it.

I don't think a team like Livi can get themselves "up" for every game in the league like they did for the playoffs.

But I could be totally wrong, it has happened before.

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

They can bank on filling the Tony Macaroni (sheesh) three times against Celtic and Sevco, and close to full another three times when Hibs and Hearts play them. 

Aye, they have a 9000 capacity stadium within easy reach of the biggest clubs' support except for Aberdeen.  The will certainly have greater earning potential than Hamilton and possibly St Johnstone also.