Best Takeaway in Kilmarnock/East Ayrshire?

Cocard And His Dog

I like A-One Tandoori, Grill-A-Bites was really good but not tried it since it changed it's name. Tikka Away below Oceans is pretty decent but the only time I get from there is when I'm fairly drunk so perhaps the alcohol is clouding my judgement. If I had to choose one takeawy shop though it would be Jewel In The Crown, a tad pricer but worth paying  extra. Always thought Five Star was overrated and overpriced.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I'm a big fan of the Dragon Royale, but they don't do deliveries which is disappointing. I'm a New Champagne regular which I always thoroughly enjoy but I ordered from Oriental Cottage in Kilmaurs on Saturday and I was very impressed. It could be my new regular.

Dragon Royale is probably the best IMO but the Oriental Cottage is a close second.

On 03/04/2016 at 1:10 PM, Jasg said:

Know it's not east Ayrshire but rice paper on dreghorn Main Street is the dogs doodahs!

I prefer Chi Canteen in what used to be Rice Paper. Same owners tho. Used to love Rice Paper but felt their mains werent as good as their starters. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hurlford Chippy.

never be back!!!     Mrs C went in and placed an order, I joined after parking, stood for 15 mins , OK there were a few folk in, so I didnt mind , then noticed others getting served the same as our order despite coming in after us, patience thinks I maybe they were telephone orders, the lad behind the counter then asks what our order is, I tell him and he has a look of despair, just putting some fish on now sir, , I blew my top  and told him nicely where he could put his fish after standing for what was now 20 odd minutes , think this was service of the poorest standard .

• 1 year later...
46 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

I would not recommend Captain Romy's in Crosshouse. Overcooked scampi and under-cooked chips. Not good. 

Since it changed to Romys I have been 3 times, fish suppers each time all round and no complaints.  Cooked fresh to order and very reasonably priced.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, Merk said:

Since it changed to Romys I have been 3 times, fish suppers each time all round and no complaints.  Cooked fresh to order and very reasonably priced.

I am on board the good ship with captain Romy also.

• 2 years later...