Best Takeaway in Kilmarnock/East Ayrshire?

Cocard And His Dog

21 minutes ago, Merk said:

Spice Route on the 77. 

Been there a few times.  Not loving it any more as a takeaway although the chicken chaat starter is immense.  The curries for me are just a bit drier than I’d like- sometimes I just want loads of sauce which Spice Route doesn’t really give me.  Great sitting in, love their goan fish curry- sensational.

Went to Jewel in the Crown.  Really good takeaway.  Pakora a bit basic but the curry was nice.  Had chips with my bhoona because I went full chav- good portions and quick service.  Would go back. 

5 hours ago, virtuocity said:

Been there a few times.  Not loving it any more as a takeaway although the chicken chaat starter is immense.  The curries for me are just a bit drier than I’d like- sometimes I just want loads of sauce which Spice Route doesn’t really give me.  Great sitting in, love their goan fish curry- sensational.

Went to Jewel in the Crown.  Really good takeaway.  Pakora a bit basic but the curry was nice.  Had chips with my bhoona because I went full chav- good portions and quick service.  Would go back. 

Can’t say that’s a complaint I’ve ever had, sauce to meat combination always bang on. We actually had takeaway from their on Xmas day for 9 of us and everyone was raving about it. I tried the Chef Special Lamb on the bone. Tremendous.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard of food hub. 

Slightly off topic, but Mrs. Pompey Exile and I went for a Chinese the other day. We were the only non Chinese customers in there. We had normal 'British' Chinese but everyone else seemed to be having Hot pot. Basically raw ingredients which you cooked yourself in one of two broths in a big electric pot. Was an interesting experience