TiK

Mclean07

The Well Society has now got over 2500 members. I would guess we have the bigger overall fan base, certainly not smaller. They have got 10 times as many members. What on earth is going on? Surely there shouldn't be that big a difference, even if the structure's different. The Hearts Foundation have also just handed over three million pounds to help finance the new stand. A bigger fan base, I know, but three million versus one hundred thousand (40k loan ), surely that's too big a gap? 

Something's wrong somewhere.

Apathy. 

Fans wanting someone else to do it for them. 

The same kind that come on here banging on about reducing admission prices for certain games when we already are one of the most competitively priced teams in the SPL. 

The kind that moan when we might be  lagging behind teams like St Mirren and Motherwell and wondering why. 

The Well Society has now got over 2500 members. I would guess we have the bigger overall fan base, certainly not smaller. They have got 10 times as many members. What on earth is going on? Surely there shouldn't be that big a difference, even if the structure's different. The Hearts Foundation have also just handed over three million pounds to help finance the new stand. A bigger fan base, I know, but three million versus one hundred thousand (40k loan ), surely that's too big a gap? 

Something's wrong somewhere.

You're not reading the TIK forum.

:14:

Mods. 

Can this be moved to TIK forum please? 

Why? If You’re not a TIK member then you won’t check the TIK sub forum. @Mclean07 will get to more people by posting in the main forum. 

Also, it’s f**kin pedantic. But if you are losing sleep due to the fact this topic isn’t in the correct box then best get it moved.

Why? If You’re not a TIK member then you won’t check the TIK sub forum. @Mclean07 will get to more people by posting in the main forum. 

Also, it’s f**kin pedantic. But if you are losing sleep due to the fact this topic isn’t in the correct box then best get it moved.

Getting plenty sleep thanks. 

Moving it to the TIK forum would seem the sensible option. 

Just because you're not a TIK member doesn't mean you don't look at that forum. 

You're a bit tetchy this morning. 

Away and have a lie doon. 

I think herein lies a semblance of one of the problems. It's taken three posts on a thread about TiK for it to descend into a tetchy argument about something other than TiK.

Now the original post is mildly contentious, although expected given the poster, but it does have something to discuss.

Both the other teams mentioned with similar fan groups underwent something far, far more destabilising than has happened at Kilmarnock. That kind of thing galvanises supporters in a way standing up to a despicable chairman never could.

TiK is doing good, it's a slow process. I hope to never witness any event that causes membership to explode. That would mean something very, very bad has happened.

TiK is doing good, it's a slow process. I hope to never witness any event that causes membership to explode. That would mean something very, very bad has happened. 

Isn't the best way to ensure that something very, very bad doesn't happen is to have the club on a strong financial footing, independent from reliance upon wealthy directors?

In other words, to have the supporters funding the club through the gate, lottery, merchandise and, yes, TiK.  

It perplexes me when people say that they don't give to TiK because they buy strips and pies etc! How much of that money does the club see? Probably a very small net amount.

If people want to support the club knowing that the money will go directly to the club, TiK is the best way. 

I would describe the growth of TiK as glacial, rather than slow. If there was to be an enthusiastic rush to join, it would have happened by now and adding a handful of subscribers each month is the most likely prognosis at this time.

Both the other teams mentioned with similar fan groups underwent something far, far more destabilising than has happened at Kilmarnock. That kind of thing galvanises supporters in a way standing up to a despicable chairman never could.

IMO, this. 

It's human nature to rally round at the 11th hour, or later!? Both those clubs were on the verge.

You could also make a regional economy argument for Edinburgh vs Killie as well, but I dont know enough about it, so I won't make it...

FoH also benefitted massively by having a universally suppported figure head in Budge.

IIRC 25+ years ago we had over 12,000 doing the lottery at 50p a go. £6k a week coming in v about £1k from TIK. I know it’s a different world these days but they sure did f**k up the lottery.

I know people offered they’re time and expertise before (and their ideas were ignored) but maybe it’s time to look at it again?

IIRC 25+ years ago we had over 12,000 doing the lottery at 50p a go. £6k a week coming in v about £1k from TIK. I know it’s a different world these days but they sure did f**k up the lottery.

I know people offered they’re time and expertise before (and their ideas were ignored) but maybe it’s time to look at it again?

I Joined up was the 14th agent to do so and am still doing it

I would be interested to see the percentage of Trust members who have signed up. They are the most likely group of people to sign up, and if they cannot be converted, then ask why. Run a survey of Trust members, and perhaps the members here and act on the results.

I'll be honest though, I think if I wasn't on this forum I'd probably not really know it existed. I don't like to say that as I know the folks working on it are working hard, but I wonder if the message is getting out.

I would be interested to see the percentage of Trust members who have signed up. They are the most likely group of people to sign up, and if they cannot be converted, then ask why. Run a survey of Trust members, and perhaps the members here and act on the results.

I'll be honest though, I think if I wasn't on this forum I'd probably not really know it existed. I don't like to say that as I know the folks working on it are working hard, but I wonder if the message is getting out.

I've seen people mention that they bought trust memberships for their partners and/or kids but i'd doubt if they would also subscribe to TIK multiple times. 

I'd agree with the second point, I know about TIK because of the forums. If i'm honest I hardly look at billboards in general, not sure if that's the same for other folk. 

I've said before but we need club to buy into this in a bigger way. Have a player/former player or manager buy in. Monty, Hooky or holt the ones that spring to mind.  

Club have 29.5 thousand followers on twitter to 2334 for TIK.  Have them send out the odd tweet or retweet about benefits of joining up. Do the same on facebook. Then when season starts have Gav or a TIK rep announce in pre/post match and half time about it. Publicly indicate the project that the funds will go to to gather interest. 

I go to the football with a group of 5 people with me being the only one on this forum and none of them know anything about TIK. 

I only know about it because of the forum. 

The best way to spread TiK is through word of mouth, so educate the other 4 then they spread the word to others :)

I go to the football with a group of 5 people with me being the only one on this forum and none of them know anything about TIK. 

I only know about it because of the forum. 

Word of mouth is a powerful tool in getting the message across. If those that do donate in any way can update and persuade others on what TiK is all about, our numbers will grow. When a significant announcement is made very soon, I hope numbers will grow. When we start working in partnership with the board at KFC and proving our worth, I hope our numbers will grow too. 

The Trust Board are all open to any suggestions on how to get more of our supporters involved. It's been hard work so far. We need your help.