JJ and Boyd in SPFL Premiership Team of the Season

maxyboy

O’Donnell at RB and I’d say it is pretty much spot on. Since October he’s been the standout player in his position and was the standout player in any position one of those months. Maybe an argument for Ajer in place of one of the CBs but both of those have had very good seasons.

If the measure is effect on games then I can see a justification for both Jones and Boyd. One causes panic and ties up 2 or 3 defenders at a time, the other scores goals practically every week.

Looking at the midfielders, McGeouch has hurt us a lot more than McGinn or Brown that is for sure. So has Rogic, and he has hurt a lot of other teams too. I'd have had Rogic in for McGinn personally.

In terms of right back Tavernier and SOD are both probably known more for their attacking qualities and I am sure Tavernier's goals are the main reason he is there (reporters' smouldering homes and incinerated families nothwithstanding). Maybe it would be better to have a genuinely defensive right back in there?