Indy 2. Bumper Unionist propaganda thread.

Zorro

34 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

You would truly be independent anyway using the pound and having your interest rates set by the Bank of England......and keeping the Queen. 

Both are arguably for a transitional period, till the sort out the currency issue.  The queens nearly 100 and with all the fine work Prince Charles does down your way, you're cutting off your nose despite your face slagging off the SNPs position on the monarchy.  The future King of the UK actually does his bit in Ayrshire improving the place, which if you believe in a monarchy is exactly what they should do. You know that we have zero control over interest rates at present, unless like most Scottish unionists, you believe the tail wags the dog?

2 hours ago, harley said:

Mclean, are you trying to tell us that Canada & many others aren't independent because your Queen is still their monarch. 

It's not exactly a radical, progressive new start though, is it? The ultimate symbol of the Union and the British class system. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

It's not exactly a radical, progressive new start though, is it? The ultimate symbol of the Union and the British class system. 

So why doesn't your left wing Labour Party push for a Republic. Are you going to tell me that Jeremy & his supporters are Royalists. No, because they know that there are deluded Labour Part supporters that still support her Maj & it would be a vote loser in English politics. I make no apoligies. I support independence & hopefully when that comes about we can get rid of the fuedal class sytsem  & the sponging, dated Royals.    

10 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

It is a start though...Then the people in Scotland can choose the direction of the country. Nuclear weapons, currency, EU Memership, the monarchy, are all issues for after independence. It should be a blank slate. Possibly even for Scottish Labour. 

On 23 June 2018 at 8:24 AM, Zorro said:

It is a start though...Then the people in Scotland can choose the direction of the country. Nuclear weapons, currency, EU Memership, the monarchy, are all issues for after independence. It should be a blank slate. Possibly even for Scottish Labour. 

Steady, Old Boy, you almost sound reasonable there.........

10 hours ago, Zorro said:

Talking about reasonable, I thought you’d have been on to congratulate the Scottish Government for their generous pay offer to NHS staff. 

Excellent news for NHS staff up here but I've not heard how we are funding it yet. More free money?? 

1 hour ago, Brianstorm said:

Barnett 

Does this mean every missed target or waiting list in Scotland , is now the direct consequence of underfunding of services in England, and the knock on effect that has on the Barnett formula? Just like we said we you claimed the NHS in Scotland was fully devolved?

6 hours ago, Zorro said:

Does this mean every missed target or waiting list in Scotland , is now the direct consequence of underfunding of services in England, and the knock on effect that has on the Barnett formula? Just like we said we you claimed the NHS in Scotland was fully devolved?

No, that's just incompetence. See she's been papped though.

Edited by Mclean07

McLean here’s a lesson for your beloved liebour abstention party.  SNP MSP posts ignorant and wrong blog YEARS ago, SNP fins out she gets papped.  Actions not worthless wind unlike your party whose MP’s have been caught being antisemitic, openly racist, sexual misconduct yet no action is taken.

youre SNP bad obsession is beyond parody.  You have zero credibility and absolutely NOONE other than Brian pays any heed to your blathering pish.

6 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

McLean here’s a lesson for your beloved liebour abstention party.  SNP MSP posts ignorant and wrong blog YEARS ago, SNP fins out she gets papped.  Actions not worthless wind unlike your party whose MP’s have been caught being antisemitic, openly racist, sexual misconduct yet no action is taken.

youre SNP bad obsession is beyond parody.  You have zero credibility and absolutely NOONE other than Brian pays any heed to your blathering pish.

I rarely pop in these days , but I think this is one of the most sensible posts Bob has ever authored. Great stuff , we need more. 

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Krankie knew, but said it wasn't the Gillian Martin she knew. That's the most Tory excuse I've ever heard. She was a grown woman. Leopards don't change their spots.

Nelson Mandela? Went from terrorist to healer of a country. 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, Mclean07 said:

Krankie knew, but said it wasn't the Gillian Martin she knew. That's the most Tory excuse I've ever heard.

I agree with this 100%

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, Mclean07 said:

She was a grown woman. Leopards don't change their spots.

So if I was overheard 30 years ago while I was still a student, in The Doublet pub in Glasgow, after 5 pints of Stella, telling the assembled masses that women should stick to what they are good at, like looking after toddlers, and let men run the country, that would be a clear indisputable indication that I was unfit for public office? 

49 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I agree with this 100%

So if I was overheard 30 years ago while I was still a student, in The Doublet pub in Glasgow, after 5 pints of Stella, telling the assembled masses that women should stick to what they are good at, like looking after toddlers, and let men run the country, that would be a clear indisputable indication that I was unfit for public office? 

I think her comments were on a different level, weren't 30 years ago and were wide ranging in their targets.

31 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I think her comments were on a different level..

Exactly.  It was obviously a p*ss poor attempt at satire on a blog a decade ago.   As for the restaurant "while working in the USA" stuff - that sort of stereotypical racial differences between group things the basis of a large portion American comedy.  But if you're in government, you shouldn't indulge in satire and put it in a blog.  Is just a stupid thing to do in what's essentially the snowflake years of twitter.  The banter years died with the advent of internet.

Edited by RAG

52 minutes ago, RAG said:

Is just a stupid thing to do in what's essentially the snowflake years of twitter.

I agree, again, 100%

You have to understand that anything posted online, anywhere, is recorded for your lifetime and available for any and every human on the planet to see.

Not understanding that should render anyone unfit for public office.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I think her comments were on a different level, weren't 30 years ago and were wide ranging in their targets.

They were over 11 years ago. As I said before that doesn't make it OK. But I have only 1 thing to say...........Jared O’Mara, Labour MP, his old tweets beat just about everybody. Nobody is safe from Labour MP Jared. Gay people are "fudge packers", he wanted an orgy with Girls Aloud &  Jamie Cullum  “sodomised with his own piano”.

LABOUR "the party of equal opportunities and diversity”.