The "new" Reserve league

Scouser2

1 hour ago, TroonKFC said:

The new Reserve League 2018/19 as predicted proved to be a disaster. It failed to offer any progress on the previous U20 League, in fact in most areas it was actually worse.

Killie faired well enough to finish 5th in the 18 team league. However in Killie’s case it has clearly failed to assist in the development of young players and provide a pathway to the first team squad.

Going forward Hibernian have opted out of season 2019/20 and I doubt they will be the last. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9996

Quite right hibs. It's a joke of a league set up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 9:54 PM, TroonKFC said:

The new Reserve League 2018/19 as predicted proved to be a disaster. It failed to offer any progress on the previous U20 League, in fact in most areas it was actually worse.

Killie faired well enough to finish 5th in the 18 team league. However in Killie’s case it has clearly failed to assist in the development of young players and provide a pathway to the first team squad.

Going forward Hibernian have opted out of season 2019/20 and I doubt they will be the last. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9996

That’s Aberdeen now withdrawn from the Reserve League citing among other things sporadic games providing no development for their players. That’s 3 already gone (Hibs and St Johnstone the other two). It’s anticipated  that the Old Firm will withdraw too once they’ve secured their plans. I only hope Killie get their finger out too and seek proper alternative development opportunities. Latest stats on Academy players reaching first team level doesn’t reflect well on the club’s youth development structure.