Toulon

piffer

He is not or never was injured. 

He picked up an injury towards the end of last year which kept him out for a while but has been fit for a while and spent the end of the season at Dundee United.

Ive seen the boy a few times playing for Celtic and thought he looked decent and full of potential. He’s been nowhere near that standard for Scotland in the past couple of weeks and I felt he was very poor for Dundee United any time I saw them. I suppose it’s a different challenge in a team of equals and against better opposition 

Oliver Burke was a great prospect and weren’t Celtic chasing him at one time ? On tonight’s showing he’s just another great prospect that didn’t make it 

Are you serious. He's only 20/21. So he's done. Give the lad a break. Does that apply to the entire team?

Lots of player's mature at different ages and times. FFS broadfoot was getting hung at beginning of season. Now he's class. 

Are you serious. He's only 20/21. So he's done. Give the lad a break. Does that apply to the entire team?

Lots of player's mature at different ages and times. FFS broadfoot was getting hung at beginning of season. Now he's class. 

Burke looks like he lacks any sort of hunger or desire. Can't teach players that, they either have it or they don't.

If you had watched that game last night and asked which player in the Scotland side had gone for £25m in fees then he'd be near the bottom of the list.

Been subbed every single game for a reason. Looks like a petulant child on the pitch.

Burke looks like he lacks any sort of hunger or desire. Can't teach players that, they either have it or they don't.

If you had watched that game last night and asked which player in the Scotland side had gone for £25m in fees then he'd be near the bottom of the list.

Been subbed every single game for a reason. Looks like a petulant child on the pitch.

I did watch. He didn't demand the fee. He's obviously got a good agent. Beat by a far superior team. In every position

I did watch. He didn't demand the fee. He's obviously got a good agent. Beat by a far superior team. In every position

I wouldn't say every position, Gilmour was the best midfielder on the park IMO. Sadly Scotland bypassed him  half the time but when he was on the ball he was brilliant.

But at a restricted age pool, it's no surprise a county 10 times the size can pull a better team. England were older than us as well, and I'm happy we went with youth as it gives them experience at that level.

I wouldn't say every position, Gilmour was the best midfielder on the park IMO. Sadly Scotland bypassed him  half the time but when he was on the ball he was brilliant.

But at a restricted age pool, it's no surprise a county 10 times the size can pull a better team. England were older than us as well, and I'm happy we went with youth as it gives them experience at that level.

Bypassing midfield. Typical Scottish football then. OK pal hope they keep improving. 

Burke will come good. His confidence has taken a bit of a beating, but I defy anyone to be lauded as the saviour of Scottish football one moment, then ignominiously sent to play with the kids the next, and come through the experience unscathed. 

On the England game - I thought we matched them for 35 minutes, sat too deep after taking the lead, and lost all confidence after they equalised. With the “style” we play it’s always going to be difficult to score more than one against quality opposition. The annoying thing was England weren’t that great. Plenty of possession, but it was mostly going slowly sideways as we sat in. No penetration until we collapsed. Viera was lucky to stay on the park for them but whether that would have changed the game, we’ll never know. 

Good luck to them in the final though. 

Burke will come good. His confidence has taken a bit of a beating, but I defy anyone to be lauded as the saviour of Scottish football one moment, then ignominiously sent to play with the kids the next, and come through the experience unscathed. 

On the England game - I thought we matched them for 35 minutes, sat too deep after taking the lead, and lost all confidence after they equalised. With the “style” we play it’s always going to be difficult to score more than one against quality opposition. The annoying thing was England weren’t that great. Plenty of possession, but it was mostly going slowly sideways as we sat in. No penetration until we collapsed. Viera was lucky to stay on the park for them but whether that would have changed the game, we’ll never know. 

Good luck to them in the final though. 

There have been plenty of "saviours of Scottish football" that have turned out to be absolutely pish or over-rated beyond belief.

John Fleck, Ryan Gauld and Jack Harper to name a few over past few years.

There have been plenty of "saviours of Scottish football" that have turned out to be absolutely pish or over-rated beyond belief.

John Fleck, Ryan Gauld and Jack Harper to name a few over past few years.

How many caps did the three you mention get between them? Or their combined transfer fees? Fleck in particular was only ever rated by blue noses as far as I could see. Harper and Gauld had potential, but were far from being seen as our saviours. 

Burke is different, he’s had to deal with the pressure of big transfer fees and being drafted in to save his nation, before he’d even established himself at club level. It was only a few months ago people were suggesting he was the Scottish Gareth Bale. He needs games to build his fitness and game intelligence, but the raw materials are there. Give the boy a break. I can never get my head round Scottish fans perverse pleasure in our players failing. 

WOW!!

I'm baffled by this comment... you of all people... 

There’s a huge difference between a young laddie starting out, and a below average journeyman. You knew that though, but wanted to deflect from your s**te argument. 

@Squirrelhumper, who do think is Finnish at Killie this season? It’s just I think I’ll bet them to finish top scorer in the league. 

There’s a huge difference between a young laddie starting out, and a below average journeyman. You knew that though, but wanted to deflect from your s**te argument. 

@Squirrelhumper, who do think is Finnish at Killie this season? It’s just I think I’ll bet them to finish top scorer in the league. 

I admitted I was wrong about Boyd, he will admit the same himself. He was wanting to chuck It for a reason. Fair play to him and Clarke for turning it around.

If only you would admit when you were wrong and the world would be a less complicated place.

I admitted I was wrong about Boyd, he will admit the same himself. He was wanting to chuck It for a reason. Fair play to him and Clarke for turning it around.

If only you would admit when you were wrong and the world would be a less complicated place.

First time it happens I’ll be pleased to admit I’m wrong. 

First time it happens I’ll be pleased to admit I’m wrong. 

Ah well - I'll admit I was wrong with my impressions and initial opinions on :

O'Donnell (Wilson kept him out the team at RB ); Power (awful in THAT 1st game and subbed at H/T in the next LC game); Boyd - who I thought was done and of course Broadfoot who I recall being boo-ed as he came on at Fir Park at H/T as a sub for Greer.

I hope I wasn't alone in getting things wrong :$

Yes and I did qualify my statement see the bit that said “ on tonight’s showing “ 

‘I sincerely hope he makes it and becomes a Scottish hero/saviour/talisman in the future 

Anyway, I think MacDonald is a great success. Playing at this level with his limited talent is a fine achievement. 

Once again your comment doesn't say much for our management team who have given him an extended contract this would indicate they are trusting our goalkeeping position to a player who in your words has limited talent!