350 tickets available

TOMMY ADAMS

Think we'll sell them no problem, people posting pics of the queues and that only makes people think their is no point in heading down to get tickets, with this news they'll head down.

Don't believe everything on Twitter, I thought we had sold out late yesterday after reading a few posts, thought on the way back from work I'd give a call in hope - line free and tickets available.

Hope the crowd are up for Thursday ala Hamilton away, could be the difference

1 minute ago, Dan1el said:

Think we'll sell them no problem, people posting pics of the queues and that only makes people think their is no point in heading down to get tickets, with this news they'll head down.

Know a few folk that had given up hope of getting one because of the queue stories.

One word gets round they'll go quick.

How many left for Sunday, 8000 ?

I've spoken to quite a few neutrals going if we are still in the tie after Thursday. However, if Falkirk sell out, and our support don't respond, I would give them another allocation as 

a) they are proper fans, supporting their local team

b) they were magnificent to us when they lost in the cup final

c) the last time I brought up the fact that our team must be depressed with the low home support, I was told by various on here that the crowd had no influence on the teams performance ( including a former player, who must know). So why deny anyone who wants to go.

Compare Falkirk's communication on their social media re their ticket sales to our lack of information and indeed mis-information.  Absolutely night and day and proves how well a run club Falkirk are as opposed to the shambles at Rugby Park.

Hopefully word spreads and we sell out as it will be embarrassing not to sell out 2k tickets for Thurs night.

I don't know if there was as much if any animosity between the board and fans when they went down as there is at RP. Since they did though they've really got their house in order. Performing well in cup competitions competing with teams on far bigger budgets in the league, a conveyor belt of young talent they are commanding good fees for and still a major part of the community. 

Ideally we'd do it in the Premiership but this is a model we should be looking to take a lot of ideas from. 

I spent most of yesterday phoning and no answer. Finally got through today and told I'd have to pay £7 postage for 1 ticket, as they have no facility for people to pick up at the gate on Thursday. Would be easier for me to get a ticket for Falkirk end, but I'll go down Thursday and see if I can pick up a ticket outside.

When Falkirk went down, their Board decided that their Academy would be a priority, even if it was at the expense of results in the short term. Since then they have developed and sold several players via their Academy, leaving them with money in the bank.

Further, there appears to be harmony throughout the Club; something lacking at Killie!

They also have a Club legend (like Monty) in charge of promoting the Club, raising funding, sponsorship etc.  Alex Totten is a former successful Sales Manager and has done a great job with tremendous enthusiasm.

Now, they are beginning to see the benefits of long term planning; their home crowds are larger than ours.  If they don't go up this season, I wouldn't bet against them winning the Championship next season.

Edited by Dennykillie

3 minutes ago, Dennykillie said:

When Falkirk went down, their Board decided that their Academy would be a priority, even if it was at the expense of results in the short term. Since then they have developed and sold several players via their Academy, leaving them with money in the bank.

Further, there appears to be harmony throughout the Club; something lacking at Killie!

They also have a Club legend (like Monyt) in charge of promoting the Club, raising funding, sponsorship etc.  Alex Totten is a former successful Sales Manager and has done a great job with tremendous enthusiasm.

Now, they are beginning to see the benefits of long term planning; their home crowds are larger than ours.  If they don't go up this season, I wouldn't bet against them winning the Championship next season.

Spot on,their board is the polar opposite of ours!

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

How many left for Sunday, 8000 ?

I've spoken to quite a few neutrals going if we are still in the tie after Thursday. However, if Falkirk sell out, and our support don't respond, I would give them another allocation as 

a) they are proper fans, supporting their local team

b) they were magnificent to us when they lost in the cup final

c) the last time I brought up the fact that our team must be depressed with the low home support, I was told by various on here that the crowd had no influence on the teams performance ( including a former player, who must know). So why deny anyone who wants to go.

You'd be as well sitting in the Falkirk end seeing how much you dislike Killie fans.

Sad old man.

f**k Falkirk.  

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You'd be as well sitting in the Falkirk end seeing how much you dislike Killie fans.

Sad old man.

f**k Falkirk.  

Wasn't it you who said the size of the crowd doesn't affect the team ? Changed your mind ? By supporting your local team, I was referring to OF fans, by the way. Anyway, I'll be in the home end. I've never had the urge to deprive my team of funds. That might have led to us fighting relegation.........oh wait.....

50 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Wasn't it you who said the size of the crowd doesn't affect the team ? Changed your mind ? By supporting your local team, I was referring to OF fans, by the way. Anyway, I'll be in the home end. I've never had the urge to deprive my team of funds. That might have led to us fighting relegation.........oh wait.....

Yeah, that's the reason we are in  the mess we are in 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

I'm fairly content about my actions. I also know I've put a hell of a lot more effort in trying to ensure I've a team to support should we be relegated than a mouthpiece like you ever has. 

At least the majority of fans on here see you for the sad pathetic little old man that you are.