RP "one of three worst pitches"

skygod

Was this summer programme at RP last year ?

Looking forward to a football-filled summer? Then come and join in the fun at our KCST Summer Camp at Ayrshire College's Kilmarnock Campus.

At our six-week camp, children from 5-12 years old will enjoy an array of sessions focusing on football knowledge, performance and the development of their skill set.

We are offering an all-inclusive camp, which provides professional coaching in addition to themed games, events and tournaments.

Your child can develop key skills such as teamwork, leadership and problem solving as well as improving their technical and tactical skills in a friendly environment. 

Most importantly they'll have fun in the process. 

Please contact Grant Moore on [email protected] or 07813 761597 for more information 

Timings 

Full Day: 9am-3pm, Half Day (AM): 9-11.30am, Half Day (PM): 12.30-3pm, Lunch: 11.30am-12.30pm

Rates 

Full Day: £15, Half Day: £7.50, Full Week: £65

Dates (Mon-Fri)

July 2-6, 9-13, 16-20, 23-27  
July 30-Aug 3, Aug 6-10

Ayrshire College Kilmarnock Campus, KA1 3HY 

Sessions will take place on Astro Turf and indoor facilities depending on weather so please bring suitable footwear and clothing for both. 

Please note your child should bring a packed lunch if they are attending a full day session while plenty of water is recommended for all in attendance. Early drop offs can be accommodated as long as we have prior notice.

Certainly were some other markings down.

Untitled.jpg

We won 1-0 on the plastic. Peter Curran scored in first minute and we endured a siege for the remaining 89. It was on a beautifiul sunny early spring day. Possibly 1989 or 1990

The game I'm talking about was on October 12th 1991. A 3-0 win with goals from Mitchell, McPherson and Williamson.

The 1-0 win was on September 30 1989 (well remembered sir).

Kids play on artificial because it doesn't wear like, or need the maintenance of, grass.

When they do play on grass it's often, in my experience, not cut short enough so the ball will stick.

Professional football is totally different.

Kids when I was growing up played on red blaes and ash pitches but nobody suggested pros should because that was what they were used to.

Edited by skygod

The majority of people I know who object to it are either romantacists (“fitba should be played on grass”) or grey haired. 

I am both but agree with what you are saying, the costs in maintaining a top grass surface is too much for a Council that can’t even afford to paint goalposts in parks that even still have them, that and the mad climate we appear to have

The day they rip up that bloody carpet at Rugby Park and put a decent grass pitch down can’t come soon enough for me. I wonder how many players have been put off from joining Killie by that surface over the last few years.

Probably not that many, the odd player who has had injury problems and is now over cautious.