Irn Bru Cup

skygod

"Irn Bru Cup First Round draw set for Tuesday, June 26

Kilmarnock's Under 20s team will take part in this year's tournament, which will include two new teams.

Following UEFA approval, Sutton United and Boreham Wood - two of the higher ranked National League sides in England - will play in the tournament.

They will join Scottish Premiership Under 20s sides, lower league SPFL sides, teams from the Highland and Lowland League as well as representatives from Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Bohemians and Bray Wanderers will represent the League of Ireland, Crusaders and Coleraine from Northern Ireland and The New Saints and Connah's Quay Nomads will be the Welsh participants.

Further draw details will be announced in due course."

Edited by skygod

Coleraine the very name still makes me shudder!! One of our worst European nights.....ever!!

One of our worst FULL STOP!

Down there with Inverness Thistle and Berwick Rangers at Tynecastle.

One of our worst FULL STOP!

Down there with Inverness Thistle and Berwick Rangers at Tynecastle.

Ah ha, when I was down at Burnpark on Monday night for the amateur decider that Tynecastle match came into my head. Wee Pele looked as perplexed and without a clue as he did that day. Was a sore one but all part of the glorious journey that's supporting our great (and dare I say) over achieving club. 

When you’re just starting your supporting at an early age and your mates are all Old Firm fans results like Coleraine are hard to take however we’re a tough thick skinned breed at RP and always come back for more.....

Seasons like the one just past make it all worthwhile... 

More of the same please.

Jim McInally is not a fan of the competition:

"You have to wonder who drives this competition because, to me, there is absolutely no sense in bringing in Irish, Northern Irish, Welsh, colts and now two National League teams...I think it has spoiled a good competition. These teams coming into it just makes it tougher and tougher for lower league teams".