What happened this time?

All the Wine

Moderators need to get a grip. Thats was pathetic yesterday. It's getting to the stage where you can't poke a bit of fun at one another. I know it's mostly schoolteachers that are mods but they need to take a day off from it sometimes.

Moderators Christmas night oot must be a great laugh 

What did I miss that caused the forums to shut?

Drew disagree with King Kenny becoming Sir King Kenny because Phil Jones missed out?

Brainstorm forgetting to stop drinking again .. and being more Brian than usual?

Zorro going overboard trying to convince everyone he knows more about tennis and goalkeeping than anyone else?

Whaddamiss... whaddamiss!!!

There were several decent posts on the La Manga thread, better to deal with specific ones, if at all tbh, like every other way of life these days it only takes one to be offended and it’s game over.

I followed it till around page 3, you could see it starting to go pear shaped. Surely if I could see it, a mod could and closed the thread.

I have nothing to do with running the website but know the guys that do. You have no idea the grief they have had over the years about some of the absolute pish that is posted here. I do like the suggestion that every poster should have to show their identity as it's far too easy otherwise for the keyboard warriors. The guys who run this site have done untold work to promote Killie over the years but it is rarely recognised.....a minority just like picking up on every little negative, whether it is justified criticism or not. All I would say is please appreciate the numerous hours spent by Baz etc to run this site for absolutely no personal gain.......if It was me I would have walked away years ago.

I think everyone appreciates what goes in to running the site hippo, but it's so quick to shut stuff down and delete threads because of some petty arguments. I thought yesterday was pretty poor and like I said a bit patronising. By all accounts ban the folk for 24 hours if it's THAT bad but shutting the whole thing down is a bit ott. 

I have nothing to do with running the website but know the guys that do. You have no idea the grief they have had over the years about some of the absolute pish that is posted here. I do like the suggestion that every poster should have to show their identity as it's far too easy otherwise for the keyboard warriors. The guys who run this site have done untold work to promote Killie over the years but it is rarely recognised.....a minority just like picking up on every little negative, whether it is justified criticism or not. All I would say is please appreciate the numerous hours spent by Baz etc to run this site for absolutely no personal gain.......if It was me I would have walked away ages ago 

Just as well you don’t support Rangers:)

I have nothing to do with running the website but know the guys that do. You have no idea the grief they have had over the years about some of the absolute pish that is posted here. I do like the suggestion that every poster should have to show their identity as it's far too easy otherwise for the keyboard warriors. The guys who run this site have done untold work to promote Killie over the years but it is rarely recognised.....a minority just like picking up on every little negative, whether it is justified criticism or not. All I would say is please appreciate the numerous hours spent by Baz etc to run this site for absolutely no personal gain.......if It was me I would have walked away years ago.

That's fair dues, maybe some people to partake generously of the workload would help.

The old site when Scooby Doo was a moderator was miles better  

Very kind of you to say so, not least because deleting your posts used to be one of my favourite sports! 

I have some sympathy with the mods - you used to be able to quickly 'prune' threads, and just delete the troublesome comments and let threads continue. However, when you've taken that sensible approach with fifteen threads that day and you realising that the same people time and again aren't willing to be as sensible, the big delete button comes out. Ultimately, because it takes up less of the free time you've given. 

It's worth remembering that the site owners are liable as publishers for the content, not the author. So they take the risk for what you post. That fact determines the level of 'free speech'. 

My advice would be that if you're about to hit the button to post, ask yourself if you'd happily have it printed in the Standard with your full name, address and phone number under it. If not, then don't bother.