What happened this time?

All the Wine

It amazes me how self-centred some folk are on here, and I'm certainly not talking about the Mods. I've no idea what was posted but I would bet a months wages that I could name the posters that led to the decision being made.

Do you honestly believe they took the decision to shut down the site lightly ?  You probably do, as you are so full of your own self importance that it's obviously their fault as you are always right. Typical ego-centric behaviour.

Warning were issued, ignored, so action was taken. Well done Mods.

As for the ones who caused it, hopefully you will take heed and we can return to debating forum  - but I doubt if  it will make any difference.

It amazes me how self-centred some folk are on here, and I'm certainly not talking about the Mods. I've no idea what was posted but I would bet a months wages that I could name the posters that led to the decision being made.

Do you honestly believe they took the decision to shut down the site lightly ?  You probably do, as you are so full of your own self importance that it's obviously their fault as you are always right. Typical ego-centric behaviour.

Warning were issued, ignored, so action was taken. Well done Mods.

As for the ones who caused it, hopefully you will take heed and we can return to debating forum  - but I doubt if  it will make any difference.

Yeah that's it. Nailed it...

Go on then.  I read it and I’m fairly certain you’ll not get the names. Name and shame the made up people you have already blamed.  Dickhead.  

Clearly you're one of the likely suspects. For all the stuff you've posted on here at least you've never shut it down for a day ha

Go on then.  I read it and I’m fairly certain you’ll not get the names. Name and shame the made up people you have already blamed.  Dickhead.  

If you read the rules you get warned/banned for personal abuse. What part of calling someone a dickhead is not personal abuse? You were not even involved in this incredibly, don't start your trolling again now please.

The moderators were nothing to do with this, I shut it down because I was heading out for the night and didn't want to leave whoever was on with it...ironically because of the abuse they'd get. Reading some of the crass and quite frankly ill informed comments on here I made the right decision. It was bad enough getting threatened with my house getting burned down by Rangers fans who knew my address for comments I made in the paper but I'm bloody sure I'm not taking the abuse from members of our own site and other people were overstepping the mark as well. When a thread veers from taking the piss out of dead fans ashes to mud wrestling in bikinis then it is time to take action. I'm not even making that up. There were a load of warnings issued and the guilty parties have been duly informed to why...if they want to tell you then that's entirely up to them, there's been enough schoolkid behaviour on here as it is...maybe we will do away with the up and down votes, it was meant to be a bit of fun but that's what you do with naughty school weans is it not, take away their toys. FFS give it a rest with posting unfounded allegations and personal abuse that we get called to book for. There might not be a lot to discuss at the moment, that doesn't mean we should make stuff up and then start going for each others throats. It was bad enough during the MJ years, we're meant to be fecking happy.

Edited by baz

I think everyone appreciates what goes in to running the site hippo, but it's so quick to shut stuff down and delete threads because of some petty arguments. I thought yesterday was pretty poor and like I said a bit patronising. By all accounts ban the folk for 24 hours if it's THAT bad but shutting the whole thing down is a bit ott. 

You didn't see half of it, at best you saw the sanitised version, some of the posts that were deleted could have got us into trouble and the posters into trouble. I'm not taking the fall for someone else's stupidity and if that means deleting it then I'll delete it and I'm sorry but don't really care what people think of me because of that...they probably have a very low opinion of me in the first place, some people are even quicker to judge than I was shutting the site down for a few hours.

The moderators were nothing to do with this, I shut it down because I was heading out for the night and didn't want to leave whoever was on with it...ironically because of the abuse they'd get. Reading some of the crass and quite frankly ill informed comments on here I made the right decision. It was bad enough getting threatened with my house getting burned down by Rangers fans who knew my address for comments I made in the paper but I'm bloody sure I'm not taking the abuse from members of our own site and other people were overstepping the mark as well. When a thread veers from taking the piss out of dead fans ashes to mud wrestling in bikinis then it is time to take action. I'm not even making that up. There were a load of warnings issued and the guilty parties have been duly informed to why...if they want to tell you then that's entirely up to them, there's been enough schoolkid behaviour on here as it is...maybe we will do away with the up and down votes, it was meant to be a bit of fun but that's what you do with naughty school weans is it not, take away their toys. FFS give it a rest with posting unfounded allegations and personal abuse that we get called to book for. There might not be a lot to discuss at the moment, that doesn't mean we should make stuff up and then start going for each others throats. It was bad enough during the MJ years, we're meant to be fecking happy.

100 per cent right Baz. 

Edited by baz

I have nothing to do with running the website but know the guys that do. You have no idea the grief they have had over the years about some of the absolute pish that is posted here. I do like the suggestion that every poster should have to show their identity as it's far too easy otherwise for the keyboard warriors. The guys who run this site have done untold work to promote Killie over the years but it is rarely recognised.....a minority just like picking up on every little negative, whether it is justified criticism or not. All I would say is please appreciate the numerous hours spent by Baz etc to run this site for absolutely no personal gain.......if It was me I would have walked away years ago.

I've rarely seen anything more offensive that an individual being described as "a cancer", whatever you think of them. But there you go, it's all about opinions. 

Edited by Mclean07

You most certainly are making that up. I pulled the guy up on what he said and it was nothing like that.  

Edited by baz

You most certainly are making that up. I pulled the guy up on what he said and it was nothing like that.  

Yeah I’m a liar, I made it all up. There were no posts that were made you didn’t see because you can see everyone’s personal messages and posts that have to be approved before appearing online when people get banned. No, hold on, you can’t. I’ll show you how that works.

• baz locked this topic