JJ Sunderland Speculation (Multi-merged topics)

Thebigguy68

20 hours ago, Ayrshire_greasemonkey said:

Stolen without any credit given unless I say to you in a pub and you chin me

Sorry mate, missed your earlier post...couldny be bothered scrolling through the whole thread :D
Great minds think alike (or fools seldom differ) xD

I can't see JJ joining them anytime soon if this is true......

Sunderland are desperate for an £8m loan from outside investors to help pay their bills over the next month, with a further £9m expected to have to be paid by the end of the transfer window after a botched transfer a few years ago has been ruled against them. 

13 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Club said at KSA meeting no bid from Hull or any declared interest. Paper/agent talk no doubt 

Cool.... Unfortunately I wasnt able to attend yesterday due to work commitments, as im sure others working or on holiday were to.

Could someone in attendance at the AGM possibly post a summary of yesterday's meeting please? 

EDIT..... As if by magic @CBFC has just posted a brief summary on the AGM thread. Cheers.

Edited by C4mmy31

I see Celtic have agreed to sell Armstrong to Southampton for £7m and Hibs looking for £3m for McGinn, both of whom have only a year left of their contracts. Not saying we’ll get anything like that for JJ, but if that’s the type of money English clubs are willing to pay then we should be standing firm and looking to get best deal possible. 

Is £1.5-2m that unrealistic, bearing in mind he practically the same age as McGinn with only a handful of international caps less. Guess we’ll see how it plays out.

19 minutes ago, BigYin said:

I see Celtic have agreed to sell Armstrong to Southampton for £7m and Hibs looking for £3m for McGinn, both of whom have only a year left of their contracts. Not saying we’ll get anything like that for JJ, but if that’s the type of money English clubs are willing to pay then we should be standing firm and looking to get best deal possible. 

Is £1.5-2m that unrealistic, bearing in mind he practically the same age as McGinn with only a handful of international caps less. Guess we’ll see how it plays out.

McGinn showed his class in the Scotland friendlies. He was s**te & too slow when up against better opposition. 

31 minutes ago, BigYin said:

The difference is 1) Armstrong went to an EPL side and 2) McGinn according to today's papers is in talks with four EPL sides.

You're only worth what other sides are willing to pay for you and none of the sides linked to JJ are remotely close to being EPL level.

Club have said there's been no approaches for him anyway, so apart from 350k from the huns we've had nothing to turn down.

21 minutes ago, harley said:

McGinn showed his class in the Scotland friendlies. He was s**te & too slow when up against better opposition. 

True, he was poor.

One of the few players to absolutely boss it against us (more than once) last season. Whether he's good enough for EPL remains to be seen. I still think he'll end up at Parkhead.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The difference is 1) Armstrong went to an EPL side and 2) McGinn according to today's papers is in talks with four EPL sides.

You're only worth what other sides are willing to pay for you and none of the sides linked to JJ are remotely close to being EPL level.

Club have said there's been no approaches for him anyway, so apart from 350k from the huns we've had nothing to turn down.

I’m not saying JJ will go to an EPL side and we should get £7million and the clubs I’ve seen linked with McGinn today are Derby, Leeds, Birmingham and Celtic, all championship teams bar Celtic. It was more of an indication of what’s clubs may be prepared to pay for players with a year left on their contracts.

For what it’s worth I think if we get anything £1M upwards for JJ then it’s a great bit of business and if he isn’t going to sign a new deal then he should be sold (presuming we get offers for him)

1 hour ago, Gallus said:

I really fancied Sunderland to romp that league but with these type of signings i'm not so sure.

Agreed. I reckon he will be at Tynecastle around February to replace Levein with Hearts in 10th place after a disastrous spell down there.

The club isn’t cash rich, yes the debt has been wiped but the current income will be getting wiped out by the crazy wages some of the players will still be on from the premier league days. Seems like he is working with a tight budget and possibly the reason the JJ talk has gone cold as they have discovered our price would be too high for them. You may find by the end of the window they have shifted on the high earners (god knows who would buy them) and have funds available to make some moves.