JJ Sunderland Speculation (Multi-merged topics)

Thebigguy68

Anything less than a million with a decent sell on clause and I'd be happier keeping him even if that means he goes for nothing next year. We can't expect to keep progressing if we want to sell our best players. I know we've got to balance the books but keeping someone like JJ could be worth more than the 500k some people are talking about by getting more bums on seats and keeping us higher up the table.

I understand this, and we all want to keep our good players, but this is now twice in, what, 2 years? that we've signed a player for nothing and now could realise close to £1.5-2m for them. That is superb business and is the way Kilmarnock keep trucking along.

Ambition is good, but it cannot come at the financial expense of relying on a director to fund wages or betting the farm on NOT taking a substantial payday when it's offered.

I understand this, and we all want to keep our good players, but this is now twice in, what, 2 years? that we've signed a player for nothing and now could realise close to £1.5-2m for them. That is superb business and is the way Kilmarnock keep trucking along.

Ambition is good, but it cannot come at the financial expense of relying on a director to fund wages or betting the farm on NOT taking a substantial payday when it's offered.

Spot on.

It is quite worrying how much some fans would happily gamble with our financial well being. It's almost as if the last 10+ years never happened!

Bonkers. Nothing wrong with ambition but we'll never be in the position to take a hit on £1m on a player with 12 months left.

Has any offer actually been made for UK as yet?  The only one I know if is the 350K from Sevco that was knocked back. I am sure any club who are interested will be well aware of the sort of figure the club are looking for. If they want him that much they will come in with an offer somewhere in the region. Until such times he will be plying his trade at the theatre of pies next season

We made a profit last year that that mainly due to selling players.

Now folk want us to just let them run their contracts down!

They'd be the first to moan if we got into financial difficulty as well. 

We are not affluent enough to knock back a good offer from any club for any of our players and anyone who things otherwise is deluded.

I agree completely as long as the amount of money is right. If we got near 2million then I'd drive him myself. I just think we shouldn't accept a poor sum just so we feel we have made something on a player if he can still be worth a lot to us to keep.

A couple of RFC fans have indicated JJ still on their radar and Holt/Halliday are being offered as makeweights. I groan loudly if there is even a smidgen of truth in this!!

Huns are more or less all equally delusional. I wouldn't put too much weight in anything any of them tell you.

A couple of RFC fans have indicated JJ still on their radar and Holt/Halliday are being offered as makeweights. I groan loudly if there is even a smidgen of truth in this!!

Holt/Halliday wouldn't make good paperweights! Remember all we now have a manager in charge now who is not a complete dumpling, if McCullloch/Locke etc. in charge then aye get worried but no chance Clarke looks at that, aye 2 bog standard midfielders as part of a deal for our star player, lets make a deal

Nottingham forest just spent 13m on a portugese youngster with a couple of dozen appearances, England is swimming in money and people still think we should send our players down there for peanuts O.o

Well that isn't how it works at all. I think you know that.

He's worth what clubs will offer for him and we'll accept. He's not worth some figure based on what money we think a club has.