JJ Sunderland Speculation (Multi-merged topics)

Thebigguy68

They've got a new owner, wiped all their debt, cleared out the squad, bringing in money from transfers and have a new manager - if that's not an overhaul I don't know what is. Sunderland will be in a great position going into next season. I'd expect them to win that league comfortably.

For Sunderland look Leeds United up in the dictionary 

When Maddison played at RP for the Dons he ran the game and practically won it by himself. 

However, he didn't get a kick in the LC final against Celtic. 

I think he joined Norwich for something like £3m and I'm sure they will make a decent profit but I'd be surprised if he goes for anything like £24m

Both Southampton & Leicester have met the asking price of £22m.

As much as I am firmly in Brian's £3 mill or f**k off camp, i'd take £1.5 with a 20% sell on as I believe the boy has the goods for an even bigger move. I would like to see him sign a one year deal to help us out though in the market.

It shouldn't be missed that JJ won't have made his money in football and if we did hold on to him and god forbid a bad injury occurred he would be screwed. A one year deal with a decent raise could suit both parties. 

Rangers FC manager, Steven Gerrard has shifted his attention to more domestic talents and is currently eyeing up a move for Kilmarnock winger, Jordan Jones. The Light Blues had previously expressed interest in the 23-year-old under Graeme Murty.

(that's if u believe everything you read)

http://the4thofficial.net/2018/06/rangers-reignite-interest-23-yo-premiership-winger-really-need/

Edited by Monty
Wrong link

7 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

So we sell one of our best players on the cheap so that Steve Clarke has money to try and possibly replace him with someone of better quality. Makes sense unless of course you want to improve.

Ideally we would have our best players on 2-3 year contracts so that we would be in a stronger position to negotiate.

I don't think that a club of Killie's size can afford to forgoe a transfer fee that would represent 12.5% of turnover, when the alternative is losing a player for nothing. 

Hopefully there will be some sort of bidding war and we'll get close to what JJ is worth in the English market. 

Edited by fraz65

5 hours ago, Monty said:

Rangers FC manager, Steven Gerrard has shifted his attention to more domestic talents and is currently eyeing up a move for Kilmarnock winger, Jordan Jones. The Light Blues had previously expressed interest in the 23-year-old under Graeme Murty.

(that's if u believe everything you read)

http://the4thofficial.net/2018/06/rangers-reignite-interest-23-yo-premiership-winger-really-need/

That drivel also says that we paid £350k for Jones!

Written by someone who knows nothing but pieces together other articles they have half-read. 

3 hours ago, fraz65 said:

"The Redcar-born player found it hard to break into the English game and was subsequently released by Boro in the summer of 2016. Kilmarnock beat out Rangers for the player’s signature by paying £350,000 as compensation"

This means that either JJ is our record signing, or journalistic standards on that particular website are suboptimal. 

If you click the £350k link they're actually on about BBC article about Ian McCall! 

'Kilmarnock's Jordan Jones 'not worth half Rangers' offer', says Ayr's Ian McCall' 

Edited by Isle of Wight Exile