Cricket

skygod

Great performance today by Scotland against a very strong England team in a One-Day International in Edinburgh.

Scotland scored 371-5, their highest ever ODI score. England were hammering the bowling all around the park but wickets have fallen and they're now 256-5 after 34 of their 50 overs. 

Could be a tight finish and even a historic win.   

I assume you thought the thread was about an insect when you opened it?

Or just felt like you needed to catch up on 24 hours lost trolling...

You’d assume wrong. I thought it was a thread about how s**t a sport it is. I had no idea it would be about a game played today. Perhaps a more descriptive title would be advised. Perhaps something along the lines of “Scotland v England @cricket” 

I had no idea it would be about a game played today. Perhaps a more descriptive title would be advised. Perhaps something along the lines of “Scotland v England @cricket” 

I thought it was self-explanatory, but then I was able to work out that “Tyson Fury” was about a boxing bout!

Getting many bites on the Nadal thread, by the way?

I thought it was self-explanatory, but then I was able to work out that “Tyson Fury” was about a boxing bout!

Getting many bites on the Nadal thread, by the way?

You were able to work out Tyson Fury was about a boxing bout because I gave it a self explanatory title. But I should have know this would have been something dull as dishwater because you posted it. I’ll know better in future.

No idea what you mean about the Nadal thread. Simply expressing my admiration for a world class athlete on his latest achievement. Did you not know the tennis was on?

I never thought I’d find myself on opposite sides with Brian and Zorro.  I’m disappointed. Anybody who doesn’t get cricket can’t be my pal . Plus - We beat England !! What’s not to love ? Great game , and you get to have lunch and tea . Met my first missus at a cricket tea , she could butter a scone . Second Mrs G was less tolerant if I’m honest . Well done Bob for standing up for Scotland and a historic victory.