2026 World Cup for US, Canada, and Mexico.

Some distances involved between the various venues. Morocco would have been interesting but as usual FIFA voted for the bid promising the most money. At least Trump will be gone by 2026.

More money maybe but it'll be an amazing WC.

We're starting a savings fund and going to do it in style Putting £25 or so a month bye each month so we've got a wedge to get us started when we need to book.

Some distances involved between the various venues. Morocco would have been interesting but as usual FIFA voted for the bid promising the most money. At least Trump will be gone by 2026.

After the scrutineering visits, Morocco scored very badly on security & infrastructure (roads and that). It was nailed on to be the CONCACAF bid after that report.

Going regardless of whether Scotland make it or not ?

Yes, I was waiting for a North American or Australian WC.

I've never been to a WC and if I wait on Scotland, I might never get.

Should have bitten the bullet and gone in 2006 but I was still in huff with us not qualifying.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

I think rather than chasing money, FIFA were going for the no-fuss option of taking the world cup to 3 developed countries with existing infrastructure.

I don't think Mexico a developed country? (Mind you that could be said when visiting parts of the USA!)

I don't think Mexico a developed country? (Mind you that could be said when visiting parts of the USA!)

To all intents and purposes it is. It falls in the same category as China and Brazil on the Human Development Index.

The main cities are exactly what you'd expect of a European nation and they are linked by an extensive modern road network. The economy could be regarded as more developing than developed but in terms of hosting a tournament it's the infrastructure I was talking about.

Reports suggesting FIFA favour a joint Scotland, England and Wales bid for 2030.

Uruguay & Argentina are going balls out for it. Tugging on the heartstrings for 100 years of World Cups. Other CONMEBOL nations are looking to glom on.

Also. Aren't we still on the turn taking thing? Or did that end after South Africa got it? 

If we're still on it, it won't come back to Europe until Africa and CONMEBOL have had another crack at hosting. Given Oceania will have a guaranteed slot by then, if Australia go back to it, they may get a crack at hosting.