2018 World Cup

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Was a Tam black penalty ever saved?

Iirc we had a centre half who took our penalties back in the lower divisions, he used to absolutely leather them into the roof of the net. I can't recall his name nor him ever missing one.

14 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

All 4 teams who produced today's s**te fest deserve to be stuck in a rocket & fired onto the moon.... 

They would miss. 

On second thoughts they would arrive near to the surface of moon then spend the next six months searching for the perfect spot to land until they ran out of fuel.

Edited by Wrangodog

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Iirc we had a centre half who took our penalties back in the lower divisions, he used to absolutely leather them into the roof of the net. I can't recall his name nor him ever missing one.

He only ever took one. It's just well remembered as it was in the promotion game. 

7 hours ago, Scooter said:

Spain played like Arsenal... Boring! Boring!

Had Croatia as an outside bet for winners but not so sure now, game with Russia will be a close affair.

They always have one bad game and normally they sees them put out.  This time could be their time to get to the final at least

17 hours ago, Zorro said:

Never a penalty against Pique and he should have got a penalty at the end.

If you're referring to the penalty that Russia got in the first half then you're at it. 

Pique raised his arms to jump, then his arms moved back down again as he reached the peak of his jump. He then inexplicably raises one arm above head height - an unnatural position and blocked the ball. a stonewall pen. 

The one Spain 'never got' in ET, both attacker and defender were pulling and pushing, no pen, move on. 

21 minutes ago, fmcc said:

The one Spain 'never got' in ET, both attacker and defender were pulling and pushing, no pen, move on. 

That was my view. Pundits in the studio seemed to think it was a stone-waller but it looked like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other to me.

9 hours ago, fmcc said:

If you're referring to the penalty that Russia got in the first half then you're at it. 

Pique raised his arms to jump, then his arms moved back down again as he reached the peak of his jump. He then inexplicably raises one arm above head height - an unnatural position and blocked the ball. a stonewall pen. 

Lets consider what construes a handball offence. It must be deliberate. Unless Pique has eyes in the back of his head I think we can rule that one out. A movement of the hand or arm towards the ball. Pique’s hand is straight up in the air and doesn’t move towards the ball. The distance between the ball being played and it striking the hand/arm. Looked a very short distance to me. Not enough time to pull his arm out of the way. Especially when he couldn’t even see where the ball was. Is it important where his hand is? Not in the slightest. Penalty? Never in a million years. 

Being dragged to the ground by a Russian with a handful of your shirt is a totally different matter. 

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Epic thrilling second half tonight with a dramatic finish , unlike Spain yesterday Belgium made the changes early enough that in the end changed the game ...so much drama ( of all kinds) in this World Cup.

Japan just ran out of steam. Physically and mentally drained from running around pressing for the sake of pressing. Probably because they were fearful of Belgiums ariel ability if they dropped deep like the Russians had done to good effect against Spain. . 

9 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Neymar totally embarrassing today

He's been embarrassing the whole tournament. I'd love him to get sent off after someone dives from 1 of his tackles.

I think Brazil would be better without him. Playing Firmino up front would give them more of a focal point