Standing Section

Arshire Blue

19 hours ago, harley said:

Pretty sure in most standing sections you are still assigned a seat/section if you buy a season ticket. We will never get back to the days of just congregating with your mates unless they get rid of the seating structures which they never will. 

We were assigned seats for Aberdeen and Hamilton and nobody bothered.

You should pay for either seating or standing and take yer choice once yer in.

4 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

There must be a direct correlation between all seated stadia and reduction in the sale of Macaroon bars. You just don't hear men shouting "get your Macaroooon bars" any more.

I personally stopped buying it when i found out it had mashed tatties in it,standing or sitting i ain't havin it!

3 hours ago, chubbs said:

We were assigned seats for Aberdeen and Hamilton and nobody bothered.

You should pay for either seating or standing and take yer choice once yer in.

Away games are different. By the way I am not against a standing section just saying that it will be different from the old terracing days & not as easy to move around to be with your mates. Can't just start climbing over seats/rails. This would only become a major problem if the standing section was busy. I still think the club would allocate season ticket holders a standing section rail seat number.

6 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

There must be a direct correlation between all seated stadia and reduction in the sale of Macaroon bars. You just don't hear men shouting "get your Macaroooon bars" any more.

Football will never be the same until the Macaroon Bar guys are back. A Macaroon bar in one hand & a can of McEwan's Export in the other. 

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The standing section Celtic have is sectioned off by railings and only those with tickets for that specific section can get access.

The section at Warriors is the same. Actually, it's literally a pen you can stand in but you have to buy for it otherwise too many people could try to get in.

21 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The standing section Celtic have is sectioned off by railings and only those with tickets for that specific section can get access.

I was meaning pay to get into one area or the other and then pick a seat (or standing position) once you had got in and found yer pals ... as is often done at away games.  

I remember a story from my youth I overheard once my dad had come home from the local pub after the Killie game.

He and my uncle Bobby had dropped me off after the game from the supporters bus and headed out. After a few beverages they noticed a man wandering round each of the tables in turn. As he got to them he looked at them and said "I'm going round selling macaroon bars and this is my last one but nobody is taking it off me, is there any chance either of you would take it?" And my uncle duly obligies.

Half an hour later the see the samean enter with a brand new box of bars going round with the same story but saying it was his last box he had to shift.

Old family joke that keeps doing the rounds from a time when we used to get to run amok as kids round the terracing as long as there was space to jig between the groups standing together.