Sir Burton Tufton strikes again

gdevoy

Apparently the private members bill outlawing upskirting has been blocked in Westminster by sir Bufton Tufton objecting. Its been illegsl in Scotland for 10 years.

Just one more powerful example of what is fundamentally wrong with the Westminster system.

Edited by gdevoy

Totally agreed on how outrageous this is but one twat hardly constitutes an entire system. 

Honestly??  You are still supporting this archaic and ridiculously outdated system of parliamentary process, after the disgraceful occurrences of this week!

WM processes were out of date 150years ago, never mind today.

As ridiculous as this is, like Its ridiculous that this is not illegal already and there’s nothing to debate, per se, if we are going to set laws that people will actually go to jail for, should we not have a wee chat about them first irrespective of what they are rather than just push them through on a Friday afternoon when all the MPs are in the pub? Just a thought, being a liberal and that. 

It’s already an offence in Scotland, England and Wales were just trying to catch up. 

But it’s interesting you think MP’s should have a wee chat about things before making laws. You weren’t so “liberal” when the tories were ripping up the devolution settlement in the process of making laws during the week. Remind me what you accused the SNP of for wanting a wee chat before that? Was it of making up a grievance, whipping up hysteria, pointing at the baddies and stoking the flames? Some people might accuse you of gross hypocrisy here. Not me... I know you’re a liberal.

As ridiculous as this is, like Its ridiculous that this is not illegal already and there’s nothing to debate, per se, if we are going to set laws that people will actually go to jail for, should we not have a wee chat about them first irrespective of what they are rather than just push them through on a Friday afternoon when all the MPs are in the pub? Just a thought, being a liberal and that. 

I actually agree that  if you are creating laws that can send peope to jail you should have a proper debate.

So why did the Prime Minister allow this to go through in this way if it is something she agrees with? Probably because her government is snowed under with Brexit. The whole thing is a train crash and the establisment is making it worse.

But it only took one twat to derail/make a mockery of WM.

Bang on.  Seems outrageous out what is it 650 odd MP's, one single guy could shout "object" and it doesn't get discussed.

1 out of 650 is not democracy in action, is the exact opposite in a democracy.

However when the WM rules were dreamt up, I don't think that would be in what we'd call a democracy?

Certainly women didn't get vote, men without land also didn't get the vote until fairly shortly before that.

The historic oppression of non landed blokes in the UK is a written out of history chapter in the country!

So much so, I know f. all about it..

So much so, I know f. all about it..

The representation of the people act of 1918 allowed all men over 21 to vote regardless of whether they owned land or not. Also women over 30 who owned land or were married to someone who owned land were allowed to vote.

The feminist have hijacked this as the day women were allowed to vote but much more importantly for me anyway it recognised all men as equal for the first time in the UK. Never gets a mention.

All women were only allowed to vote about 10 years after this.

Spookily it sailed through The Lords unopposed when most informed opinion though there would be a hell of a stushie.

Nice one @gdevoy.  There's not enough spoken about the oppression of everyone in the first half of the 20c in the UK.  Poor men conscripted to fight abroad, women, the Irish.  The women aspect is probably the comfiest subject to talk about mind - others are arguably  a more difficult to understand history of oppression by modern standards.