Kris Boyd

historyman

I met Kris last week at the Park Hotel to hand over a cheque for money raised from a race night I held in my local pub in aid of his charity. He was very humble and genuinely passionate about doing what he can for those less fortunate. He has been taken aback by the support he has had from all those associated with the club, especially the fans. He didn’t expect to receive as much support so quickly. A genuine person, easy to talk to. I wished him every success for the season ahead and for his charity, which I will continue to support.

The wife met him and few of the players when her work was at a night out.  He sang the praises of Losa to the point he said he was the best he’d ever played with, and the guy was a genius!

Kris spoke with all the folk in the party and was apparently a really normal and genuinely nice guy.

Where were all the "Kris Boyd is a great guy" posts when he wasn't scoring or playing regularly? Did his personality improve in line with his return to form? 

I had never met him before so I've no idea what his personality was like. However, I would hazard a wild guess that it was exactly the same. 

Will be interesting to see the fitness / shape of Boyd (and others) after a pre season under our current Management team ...than the rumoured often relaxed and disorganised one under McCulloch...

He was on Sky Sports News on Friday after the fixtures were announced, he looks as though he's been taking care of himself during the summer break.

Will be interesting to see the fitness / shape of Boyd (and others) after a pre season under our current Management team ...than the rumoured often relaxed and disorganised one under McCulloch...

I watched a few pre season sessions under McCulloch at the Irvine sports club last year and they looked no different to what anature clubs do.