Kris Boyd

historyman

IMO I reckon all the players would’ve been given some personalised training and eating plans over the summer.  Cannot see this as something being left to chance by our management team these days.

That happens every summer. It's upto the player to actually follow through with it though or do a Ross Barbour and turn up about a stone over weight!

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That happens every summer. It's upto the player to actually follow through with it though or do a Ross Barbour and turn up about a stone over weight!

Let’s face it though, would you be brave or stupid enough to do a Ross Barbour and have to explain yourself to Steve Clarke or Alex Dyer?

On 6/15/2018 at 10:36 PM, historyman said:

I met Kris Boyd today and had a chat with him for a good while. 

In these days where players are supposed to be so far removed from supporters and so guarded about what they say I found him to be very open and honest. He was happy to answer any question I asked him.

It was really very interesting to talk to him about the club, various players, other clubs and the Scottish game in general. I will respect the confidentiality of the conversation but one thing I think it's safe to share is who was the best player he has played with at Kilmarnock. His answer was Eremenko. He said he just had to find space because he knew Eremenko would get the ball to him.  

A really nice guy and someone who has genuine feeling for the club. 

And some of the f**kwits on here used to question him

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

I think if Sir Steve stays at least another year, Boyd could be the next Manager.

Hope not. If any lesson is to be taken from Sir Stevie is that we should never again settle for the cheap option when it comes to appointing a manager. For a club our size the right manager makes a massive difference to our performance.  

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You're at the wind up.

If we've got a succession plan for SC then a hope to god it's not an untried coach.

Every time I hear him speak, I think that's in his mind. He appears to buy in totally to Sir Steve's methods and he's a very confident individual. I'm being serious.

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Every time I hear him speak, I think that's in his mind. He appears to buy in totally to Sir Steve's methods and he's a very confident individual. I'm being serious.

I don't doubt you're being serious, thankfully I doubt the board will go down that route anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure Boyd will stick to his media role post playing career and not management.

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm pretty sure Boyd will stick to his media role post playing career and not management.

I think that depends on whether he can get that hair transplant to take and, to be honest, it’s on a knife-edge at the moment. 

He needs to have a word with Slaven Bilic about who did his! 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

I think that depends on whether he can get that hair transplant to take and, to be honest, it’s on a knife-edge at the moment. 

He needs to have a word with Slaven Bilic about who did his! 

having seen it up close i can say it looks very, very good

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

The guys who sit around me in the East stand, myself included, have been of the opinion since Christmas that KB was being mentored by SSC to take over when he left in 2020.

To what extent did Boyd's injury at the end of the season before last (Didn't he have an op?) influence the shocking condition he turned up in at the start of last season?

Unless that had a big effect to me it looked pretty unprofessional and I hope, if he is going to go into management, the lesson has been learned. If he had finished mid season just think what we (and he) would have missed!

Making the absolute best of what players that we can afford is what the current regime is all about!!