Jackson Irvine

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

He won a move to the championship in England, is now playing for his second club there following a multim-million pound move and is appearing for his country in the world cup finals.
That would indicate that he has talent and the management team in charge of him at Kilmarnock were not successful at exploiting it.

There was a lot wrong with Allan Johnston & Sandy Clark. More on the Clark side of things, probably.

19 minutes ago, historyman said:

He won a move to the championship in England, is now playing for his second club there following a multim-million pound move and is appearing for his country in the world cup finals.
That would indicate that he has talent and the management team in charge of him at Kilmarnock were not successful at exploiting it.

That doesn't relate to what I said really. 

I said he's done well after leaving but was terrible at Kilmarnock. Highlighting his achievements after he left doesn't change that he wasn't good for us. 

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That doesn't relate to what I said really. 

I said he's done well after leaving but was terrible at Kilmarnock. Highlighting his achievements after he left doesn't change that he wasn't good for us. 

If he was that bad why did Ross County sign him ? They could see that he had promise and gained to the tune of £300,000 +. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Aw come on! I was at Hibs where he had his best game. He was half decent, it was hardly a stormer of a performance. He had one of his very, very few half decent performances. His performances didn't improve anywhere near enough to say he was in the league of Pasca, Boyd, Clingan or Eremenko. At no point in Jackson Irvine's time was he anything like one of our best players. A guy who had one or two good games among a season of being honkin' is a closer description.

Obviously the guy wasn't as effective a player as Boyd or Eremenko (who wasn't there that season anyway). But he certainly had more than a couple of decent games for us. He was a guaranteed starter by the end of the season,  and he would've continued to be if he'd stayed for 2014-15.

Edited by Fankle

56 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

If he was that bad why did Ross County sign him ? They could see that he had promise and gained to the tune of £300,000 +. 

Because, obviously, he performed well on their loan deal. It's taking a risk. We've done it successfully and unsuccessfully over the years.

They also signed Reguero and Gardyne who all had similarly terrible spells at Kilmarnock the season prior.

Edited by Fletch

6 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Obviously the guy wasn't as effective a player as Boyd or Eremenko (who wasn't there that season anyway). But he certainly had more than a couple of decent games for us. He was a guaranteed starter by the end of the season,  and he would've continued to be if he'd stayed for 2014-15.

He was a guaranteed starter over the entire season, undeservedly IMO. Eremenko was there that season from January onward.

• CB locked this topic